Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are tasers safe or misused?

and, in contradiction, in the same paper,
    Last edited by Brian Ellis; 23 June 2007, 04:02.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

You know, thousands of people die every year from DiHydrogen Monoxide, but nobody has restricted its use!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
      You know, thousands of people die every year from DiHydrogen Monoxide, but nobody has restricted its use!

ROFL!!
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
        A typical troll remark that could be expected from you.

The cops are not using DHMO to deliberately inflict pain on their victims (unless they use the Chinese water torture!) and the great majority of the thousands who drown do so usually as the result of a pure accident, not while being mishandled by the police.

DHMO is natural, tasers aren't, so quit the wise guy non sequitur remarks, please.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Well if you don't resist arrest in theory you shouldn't have a problem. The Police officer shouldn't need to use it.
          How many People have died from it and how many times has it been used? Just out of interest.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

man i've seen it all now!

in this thread Brian is grumpier than Gurm and has less sense of humour than Schmo.

/meow
            Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
            Asus Striker ][
            8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
            Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat View Post

in this thread Brian is grumpier than Gurm and has less sense of humour than Schmo.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Perhaps he got zapped lately. Buzzzzzz.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

:giggle:

i was gonna say something but llc said it better than i would have.
                  P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Why an "or" in the thread title? They're generally safer than other means of subduing a person violently resisting arrest, and they definitely have a significant potential for misuse. And they're a good source of funny internet videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                      A typical troll remark that could be expected from you.

The cops are not using DHMO to deliberately inflict pain on their victims (unless they use the Chinese water torture!) and the great majority of the thousands who drown do so usually as the result of a pure accident, not while being mishandled by the police.

DHMO is natural, tasers aren't, so quit the wise guy non sequitur remarks, please.

Look, if you give the officers CLUBS (batons, sticks, whatever) and you resist arrest, they'll HIT YOU WITH THE STICK REALLY HARD. That has the potential to be "unsafe" and "harmful" as well. In fact, 85% of people who are hit really f***ing hard in the head with a big goddamned stick suffer from concussions and or fractures! It's a proven statistic!

Frankly, I'd rather be tasered than hit with a big goddamned stick. But that's just me! So how's this - we'll hit you with the stick really hard, and then if you ask us to stop we'll just shoot you with the taser. ROFLMAO!
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

wonder what the FBI has to say on this subject.....

Brian, if you are concerned about trollish remarks, then you need thicker skin before posting here
                        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram View Post
                          Why an "or" in the thread title? They're generally safer than other means of subduing a person violently resisting arrest, and they definitely have a significant potential for misuse. And they're a good source of funny internet videos.

Like this and this?

Comment

Do you know how many modern police training sessions require that the police office get shot with a taser or get hit with pepper spray before they are allowed to carry either? I've heard my fair share of stories of people spending the evening throwing up and miserable after getting hit in the face with pepper spray and STILL attacking their trainer because that is what they are suppose to do.

I agree that we should be made aware of statistics about what CAN happen when something is misused but that in no way negates the fact that we've gone from clubs/swords to guns to clubs to taser/spray. These people are putting their lives on the line every damn day and you HAVE to give them something to work with. I'm pretty damn liberal (ask Gurm) but come on... give them something to work with, constantly improve it, train them and move forward.
                            Last edited by Claymonkey; 24 June 2007, 05:22.
                            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey View Post
                              Do you know how many modern police training sessions require that the police office get shot with a taser or get hit with pepper spray before they are allowed to carry either? I've heard my fair share of stories of people spending the evening throwing up and miserable after getting hit in the face with pepper spray and STILL attacking their trainer because that is what they are suppose to do.

I agree that we should be made aware of statistics about what CAN happen when something is misused but that in no way negates the fact that we've gone from clubs/swords to guns to clubs to taser/spray. These people are putting their lives on the line every damn day and you HAVE to give them something to work with. I'm pretty damn liberal (ask Jason) but come on... give them something to work with, constantly improve it, train them and move forward.

I have a taser. See you at work on Monday!

Comment

Working...
                              X