Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Evil Dead (2008)

The Evil Dead (2008)

Company: Ghoul House Pictures (Grudge I/II, The Messengers, Boogeyman)

Director: ?

Writer: Sam Rami

Casting: NO ASH!! Sam Raimi has said he has no intent of including Ash in the remake. The Ash character has too much of fan base that believes only one man can play him, so he has decided not to include Ash in the film at all.

Synopsis: Five friends all decide to spend a nice, quiet weekend at a cabin out in the woods. When they get there, they discover a book made out of flesh and inked in blood. They also find a tape recorder, with a strange man's voice on it. When they play the tape, it begins with the man translating what is written in the strange book. The translation awakens evil demons which have been resting in the woods, and now, they are ready to attack the people that have awakened them from their slumber.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 July 2007, 13:40.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

No Ash sucks, but then Sam's right, there's only one Ash and his name is Bruce Campbell.

Be interesting to see if some new life can be breathed into this. If anyone can do it, surely Rami can.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

And of course Bruce will have a cameo or somehow be worked into the movie...
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Very interesting.
        Shame about Ash, but he was the main hero character, and a remake with him in it would always be compared to the original.

Lets them take a new direction on character developement, and with Sam Raimi doing the writing, it can only be good.
        Maybe we'll get to see his vision better today, since special effects have come a long long way since then.
        So has his budget
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
          And of course Bruce will have a cameo or somehow be worked into the movie...
          yep, with his acting capabilities maybe as a tree?

R.
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Oak, Birch, I'm the tree with the gun.
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
            X