*sigh!* nostalgia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowlifecat View Post
    Going from a 2400baud to a 14.4 with v.42 and v.42bis was ... The only word I can think of at the moment is w00sh!!!

Any remember fun with zmodem/ymodem/kermit etc...?

I remember ymodem being a frustrating piece of shit. It was fast but definitly not worth it.

Re: bioshock;
    Played a little of the demo last night (actually early this morning) and it definitly feels like system shock 2.

What do you know? A sequel that actually is good!

I remember back in my n00b days when I had to config trumpet winsock to get the net on win3.11 and not knowing what the hell I was doing. Those were the days!

I also remember calling my buddy to play some games via modem. He had to tell his parents to not pick up so that his modem could take the line. That too was a lot of fun.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Back in Denmark, there was no such thing as free local calling, so I never bothered going online with the computer. When we moved to Canada, I knew 28.8 modems were just about to be standardized, so I waited and got myself a practical periphials external 28.8 V.34 modem. That modem was rock solid for years, till I got myself a USR 56K externa ( free for attending their Toronto Launch ). I stuck with that modem till I finally moved to a place which had high speed internet.. now have 9Mbit Cable
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
        I go back to Morse code at 20 wpm
        Me too, on a HeathKit DX-20
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 August 2007, 12:42.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Meh, I go back a bit with computers, but only got online at Uni.
          Started with a 10Mbps each way (up/down) for my last year there, in my dorm room, then came home to a 56Kbps modem for the next few years until ADSL showed up.

It was very hard to go from 10Mbps to 56K
          I loved that year
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
          X