No announcement yet.

OMFG Apple prices!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highest market share of all "alternative" browsers.

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Yeah, also the fastest of all browsers with an abstracted animal in their icon, best of all browsers starting with F and fewer bugs than any other of the two most used browsers.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I've done lots of speed tests between Opera, Safari, IE7, and FF. Opera and Safari are by far faster than the other two, and I'd give a slight edge to Opera. I simply won't use Safari, because of the stupid clear-type (or whatever its called on Safari) that you can't turn off.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
          I've done lots of speed tests between Opera, Safari, IE7, and FF. Opera and Safari are by far faster than the other two, and I'd give a slight edge to Opera. I simply won't use Safari, because of the stupid clear-type (or whatever its called on Safari) that you can't turn off.

It's not called "ClearType". It's called "that's how Macs display things, if you don't like it you're not cool and should go back to PC-land you nerd, we're all cool over here in Macland and we like the text that way".

This is of course one of my chief gripes with the Mac. I'm sure there are nice ways to completely customize your display, but they aren't quite as readily available as they are on the PC. I can change everything about the way my XP machine displays ... everything. My Object Desktop subscription gets me software that will let me make icons any shape and size, text any font and layout and rendering method, even make my desktop into the wonder wazoo organ from that Dr. Seuss book if I want.

I don't WANT most of those things, but when I don't like the way a certain part of my system looks, I just CHANGE it. Still trying to figure out how to do that on my PowerBook.
          Last edited by Gurm; 29 September 2007, 06:59.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Here's a good short piece about OS X vs. Windows font rendering.

And I agree, ClearType is easier to read on displays. OSX font rendering looks better, and truer to the print, but it's not as good for extended screen reading.
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
            X