X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diver licenses

Hello!

I just completed my open water courses!
    (and on Friday I got the EANx Specialty).

Tomorrow I'll go to the dive club to arrange the final administration. Most likely, I can choose the license (centre gives universal courses, can hand out out all possible licenses) between PADI, NAUI, IDD and perhaps others (centre also advertises Cedip, Idea, Ssi).
    Any advantage/disadvantage to any particular license?

I am pleasantly surprised by the proffessionalism: the owner is the Belgian DAN liaison, has made many NGC documentaries, and organises impressive dive excursions (e.g. weekend to Egypt) where own (and different) EANx blends are made to minimize stops, optimise no-fly time, subsequent dives, ...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

For those Yankees who have no clue what VJs talking about, to get a driver's license in a lot of places you have to more than pass a multiple choice test and drive around with an instructor on the road. They have race car like tracks with obstacles and watery roads, etc. If you don't pass the various close-course tracks...no license for you!

Congrats, VJ!
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I thought he was talking about diving not driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff View Post
        I thought he was talking about diving not driving.
        Bullseye!
        (I like the way Jammrock started his post... . DRiving test has long been passed. )
        There are different DIVE livences to choose from, and I wondered whether some have advantages over other.

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

I'm blind today, sorry

hahaha...I was working to 2 AM and up at 7:30 when my son came in.

Congrats, VJ...for the right thing this time.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hehe, congrats VJ
            FT.

Comment

Just have been looking at dive computers (makes available: Oceanic, Aeris and Suunto) again...

Interesting models appear to be the Suunto D9 and the Aeris Epic (sort of a successor to the Oceanic Atom). The Aeris Elite T3 and the Atmos ai seem to hold a similar technology to the Epic, but I tend to prefer a wristwatch model.

Features that seem important to me are: multiple gas mixes, ability to plan/simulate a dive (to calculate no-fly times etc.), pc link, option towards air integration (not sure if I'll use it).

The guy at the diveshop seems to lean towards the Epic; mainly because the D9 supports 3 gas mixes, but only supports one transmitter (the Epic supports 3 transmitters). However, from reading the manuals, I find the Epic's display quite confusing whereas the D9 seems more intuitive (graphical).
              Also annoying is the fact that the specs and the manual of the Epic contradict: the specs say it is not possible to plan/simulate a dive, the manual says it is.

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X