Now you can spend your quids in space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you can spend your quids in space

Some think this is new: http://www2.le.ac.uk/ebulletin/news/...-08.6116622425

but we've been spending quids in britain for decades
    FT.

Makes me want to cry when I see public down-to-earth quids wasted by universities
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Would you be saying that if you were 60 years younger?

Personally I don't believe that ecommerce is a no-go in the space era, but they do have a point that space-based trade isn't out of the question for our younger, richer, generations, and it will surely become ever more accessible as time passes. Someone has to think about these things at some point.

And, I reckon these are going to be hugely collectable in the short term if actually made widely available (the profits from which may well more than offset that initial spending and hopefully make my Uni richer). Franklin Mint had better watch out
      FT.

Comment

If I were 60 years younger, with modern education, I wouldn't even be able to spell polytetrafluoroethylene, let alone know that its characteristics are such as to render it unsuitable for what is described.

When I was 60 years younger, one of my classmates had the horrible habit of chewing tobacco, strictly forbidden in school, of course. One day, he was surreptitiously indulging in his pêché mignon in a Latin class, when the teacher espied his masticatory movements. He marched up to the boy, pointed to his mouth and asked, menacingly, "Quid est? (What is it?)"

The lad immediately replied, without turning a hair, "Est quid! (It is a quid!)". Class dissolves in laughter and teacher hastily leaves the room to recompose himself.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

What's wrong with gold-pressed latinum?
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Rule of acquisition #101: Don't create a currency with Insufficient profit for the manufacturers.
            FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
              What's wrong with gold-pressed latinum?
              Well, Latinum doesn't exist AFAIK, so that's problem #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram View Post
                Well, Latinum doesn't exist AFAIK, so that's problem #1.
                Add a P
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                X