Nice ickle doggie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice ickle doggie

Trying out my new digicam (Nikon D40). Depth of field of this shot not sufficient but it would have been impossible with my old Fuji digicam (not reflex and 1 sec to refresh image).
    Attached Files
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

DoF is larger on cams with smaller sensors (which is why portrait photographers prefer DSLRs with their shallow DoF to better separate the subject from the background).
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

He needs to see a dentist; chipped canine.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The vet says it's OK, as the dentine is not exposed! It makes it all the sharper to bite people with!

Comment

I can smell the doggie breath from here!
          FT.

Comment

So, how do you like your new toy?

I got mine couple of weeks ago & I'm quite pleased with it.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Excellent value. I would have liked the lens zooming a wee bittie more towards the tele end, say to 80 mm, but one can't have everything. I may buy the 55-200 mm one when the exchequer feels richer.

I like the rapidity and the ease of use. I've taken ~250 photos to date of many different subjects under different conditions. Perhaps 10 useless ones (on Auto without flash when I needed flash, taking flying birds on Auto, when I needed a fast shutter speed). I find the lens superb for resolution, even up to the corners. If you are interested, I cann post a few shots.

For those unable to afford an expensive DSLR, I would not hesitate to recommend the D40 or, for a few bucks more, the D40X (10 Mpix instead of 6 Mpix - my experience with the 4 Mpix Fuji was that 10 Mpix would be overkill for me as my photoprinter could not take advantage of the difference).

Comment

Please do post a few shots (BTW, we have a forum for that ).
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I got one with the 2 lens kit: 18~80 &55~200.

And the D40x, you get more megapixels and more noise. D40 takes cleaner low light (night shot) pics.

Next year (or in couple of months ) or so, I'll get a longer lens to take me past 400MM range ( 300MM with 1.5X crop for D40). That's going to hurt....

PS. I'll be getting rid of the 50~200 lens, no VR, for 1/2 the price....... .

Comment

Originally posted by ND66 View Post
                    PS. I'll be getting rid of the 50~200 lens, no VR, for 1/2 the price....... .

Could be interested: what is your ½ price? What is VR? I presume it is the AF-S DX 55-200 model?

Comment

Just like this one HERE:

Half from that $169

Just need to get the replacement (bigger) lens in. The one I'm waiting on is being released 1st quarter of 2008. if it’s not a total dud (I’m not a pro, don’t need no razor lens to pay couple of grands for) I’ll get it. Still it’s going to cost me more than the camera itself... .
                      Need longer lens to take picks of my children school plays, contests, etc.

I'll let you know what develops from my idea if you want.

PS: VR = Vibration Reduction. You can get a lens like this HERE:

Comment

Working...
                      X