Japanese-English translation difficulties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese-English translation difficulties

They're rampant of course, but this one from Honda about their newly updated Asimo robots is classic;

Link....

Honda shows off space-dwarf robot butler capability

The Japanese robot industry is streets ahead of the competition when it comes to designing droids for peaceful uses (for war-bots, of course, the discerning purchaser shops in America). That said, Japanese robots have so far struggled to find a real, erm, killer application.
    >
    ....there was a truly disturbing suggestion that Honda intends its stunted spacesuit robots to serve other basic human needs.

"By the end of 2010s, we'd like to see these robots working at every street corner of the city,"
    Honda's Tomohiko Kawanabe said, according to AP.
    Now all they have to do is come up with what fees for what services
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

ha hahahahahahhahahaha....

They're thinking ahead alright ...lol

You'd think they'd build telephone booth like robots for that ?
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Which reminds me that Abrams in Iraq were modified into mobile telephone booth

As for the story, I'd like to sincerely thank them from the mountain for those developments

Comment

*snirk* though I understand where his thinking on this is, no time to explain it this morning
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
        X