No announcement yet.

Cloverfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a vacuum bomb - IOW a thermobaric device akin to a Daisy Cutter or MOAB.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

One would guess that the creature would be resistant to any attack characterized primarily by a sudden brief increase in pressure due to coming from the deep depths of the ocean.

Comment

Overpressure isn't the biggie; vacuum bombs have a nasty habit of turning animals inside-out at every body orifice, even at long distances.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          It was a vacuum bomb - IOW a thermobaric device akin to a Daisy Cutter or MOAB.

When did that happen? all I remember is the B-2 dropping what looked to be High Explosive bombs or napalm on it towards the end of the movie...
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The hammer fell after they got under the bridge, and that the cam survived says it wasn't nuclear because the SD card wasn't erased or corrupted by radiation. The only thing with that much power but with no radiation (to erase the SD) is a thermobaric bomb. Also; a thermobaric bomb is napalms successor and ramps things up several notches.

One major error in the movie is that the SD card behaved like tape in terms of the old footage, erasures and linearity. They don't.
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 January 2008, 10:43.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

DVD Easter Eggs

Comment

Working...
              X