Knight Rider, so what's the verdict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight Rider, so what's the verdict?

I watched it today on Global and thought it was ok, it has tons of potential.

Though I didn't like the voice of KITT being a familiar actor (Val Kilmor) I liked the voice of the first kitt better.

The effects were cool, auto repairing nanites actually exist today (in labs) and thought the idea was cool.
    The problem is that thge computer has to be on for the nanites to be active, not the case on the first KITT, where the metal itself was industructable. (Adamantuim anyone?)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to future episodes, let's hope this doesn't turn into a (Black Scorpion) type series.
    I'm giving it so far one up

Not bad.

William Daniels (also of St. Elsewhere & 1776) was the voice of KITT, but he's 81 now and they didn't want to risk the series outliving a major character...or his voice.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yeah sorry I didn't know about the age of William Daniels. I guess it's a matter of getting used to Val's voice as KITT as the series moves along.

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
        The problem is that thge computer has to be on for the nanites to be active, not the case on the first KITT, where the metal itself was industructable. (Adamantuim anyone?)
        Molecular Bonded Shell.

If it's a coating or treatment isn't particularly pointed out.
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I thought it was way better than the Bionic Woman redo.
          What no turbo boost button? I loved that button
          Still hard a hard time adjusting to the new Kitt's voice. I don't know about you guys but Hasselhoff sure looked old and stiff.

Comment

Excessive alcohol consumption can do that to you.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I thought it was alright. A couple cheesy moments near the beginning, but it got better. Yeah it'll take a bit of getting used to the voice, but I like how the new KITT still has some attitude.

Oh and I agree... where is the turbo boost button! I hope we see that at some point.

Comment

Is it just me or did it seem like the show had A LOT of commercial time?
                RC Agent
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Alot of Ford commercial time hehe.

Another vote for the turbo boost button!

Comment

Yep, agree with the 'Ford only' in this one.

And if its better than the Wonder Woman remake, am i happy i never seen one of those!!!

Frankly, the kitt voice was fine.
                    The car 'morphing' is a shite idea. I mean, come on, Terminator II ??? and very CGI...
                    And, basically, the Mustang changes into a Nissan Skyline GTR when it needs to go fast ?

The plot was pretty crap, the car was bof standard, the voice was OK, and designer stubble is back in town. Oh whoooopy doooo.

Please, don't make any more.
                    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

As Technoid said, The original KITT had a molecular bonded shell. It was a sprayed on
                      compound that made him virtually indestructible. It was a 3 part compound that 3 people
                      each had a part of it. Devon Miles, Wilton Knight (I believe) and a third scientist that was
                      killed in the season 2 premier episode. With all three parts, you could apply the shell
                      to any vehicle (witness Goliath - the 18 Wheeler from Season 2). In the Season 4 premier,
                      Devon was kidnapped and he was drugged to get his part of the shell compound, which
                      was subsequently used to create a chemical that was sprayed on KITT to destroy the
                      shell, which was never recreated. This would be why the "reason" the new KITT uses the
                      nano skin shell to protect itself.

As to the show, I had very LOW expectations for it and I was pleased. When I was done
                      watching it, I felt that it was a decent update of the original concept that had a lot of the
                      feeling of the original (in a good way). The original series was very campy at times, so
                      I expected a bit of that. I dislike Val Kilmer's voice as KITT. Will Arnett (Arrested Development)
                      was the original actor cast for the new KITT, but an 11th hour change was made to Val Kilmer.
                      The rumor I heard was that he was removed because he does Voice Overs for GMC Trucks.
                      Ford (who spent a ton of money to get the Mustang and other Ford products) cast in the
                      show were not happy about that and asked for Will Arnett to be replaced.

I would like to have whoever did the voice in this commercial (I think it was Arnett) as he
                      does get the attitude that William Daniels put into the original KITT.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Val Kilmer was just a little to LA-Smooth for the role in my opinion.

-Mike

Comment

I just realised what I'm reminded of every time I see the front of the new KITT, a tractor
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Okay, i've seen it and while it was better than "Knight Rider 2000" it's still feels a bit flat compared to the old show.

The plot reads like a fanfiction, an unimaginative fan fiction, tho making him potentially global makes for interesting stories.

IMHO the new kitt is a rip off of "Viper"

Comment

Agreed, but Viper looked cooler
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Given that the orignal series was, well, shit, is there any reason to watch this piece of unoriginal redoasillythinginanothersillythingjusttobringinsom ebucks?
                              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                              X