Castro to "retire"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castro to "retire"

No links yet, but the Cuban press has announced that Fidel Castro will not return as President and will retire.

Knowing how the Cuban media works he's probably already pushing up daisies
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
    No links yet, but the Cuban press has announced that Fidel Castro will not return as President and will retire.

Knowing how the Cuban media works he's probably already pushing up daisies

Knowing communist states, The will probably stuff him and put him in a museum
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

so does this mean there is a chance that the states will start trading with cuba again?
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

the story reads not likely anytime soon
          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Nahh, not until they "elect" a free government headed by a republican friendly dictator that swears to fight "pinko communism"
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

More likely short term is a China-type accommodation between Raul Castro, who has neither his brothers skill or persona, and those who want more of a consumer society in Cuba....meaning the Generals and other party apparatchiks.

Long term changes will IMO have to wait for both Fidel and Raul Castro to pass from the scene, either by nature or an inducement of nature
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X