Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fame and Celebrity

Hey folks

I have a major (national publicity) survey going live next week, looking at peoples attitudes to fame and celebrity.

If you fancy taking part, have a look at www.famestudy.co.uk. It's live.

The URL is in the process of swapping over from a holding page, so if you don't get straight to the study, click on the 'Fame Interest Survey Introduction' on the left.

Cheers,

Tony.
    FT.

Far too long and repetitive
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

It's not my cup of tea either, but that doesn't usually stop people answering in their 10s of 1000s.
      FT.

Comment

I'm ussually willing to help out a fellow Murcer but this is asking to much. I do not like filling out questionnaires and here I have to select a torture for myself? And the number of Q's then, sry dude, no go this time.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Don't worry I agree they are particularly long.

"Hey, I just do the programming"!
          FT.

Comment

If they want some advice, I can help m out at euro 120 an hour excluding travelling time/tickets/hotels etc.

The most stupid aspect I've seen sofar (OK, I know you are just programming it, don't take offense) is that one can fill out an Adult's Survey yet be confronted with boring questions only. Have them joined with adult pictures and the story might be different.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I thought it was interesting.
              Not sure the real subject is fame though.

Also, it's not possible to enter a valid US postal code because they are five characters long.
              And there are a few typos still.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                If they want some advice, I can help m out at euro 120 an hour excluding travelling time/tickets/hotels etc.

The most stupid aspect I've seen sofar (OK, I know you are just programming it, don't take offense) is that one can fill out an Adult's Survey yet be confronted with boring questions only. Have them joined with adult pictures and the story might be different.
                I'll just assume you are being crabby. There are some (very few) additional questions not suitable for a minor audience, and some questions removed form standard scales as they also would be inappropriate. Also at least 1/3rd of it is completely different.

Adult pictures: That's a whole other survey

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
                I thought it was interesting.
                Not sure the real subject is fame though.

Also, it's not possible to enter a valid US postal code because they are five characters long.
                And there are a few typos still.
                Thanks for the heads up. I have changed the zip code requirement (wasn't really thinking of an international audience for the survey when setting up, but it certainly won't hurt to have the data).
                Typo's will always be, no matter how many you remove

Cheers,

T.
                FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                  I'll just assume you are being crabby.
                  Yeah, sorry about that. Easy target.

Comment

Adult pictures: That's a whole other survey
                    url?
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Hehe. Well you could always visit that well-known alternative to youtube until I can get something up for you.
                      FT.

Comment

...I can get something up for you.
                        No thanks, I'll pass.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

hehe.
                          FT.

Comment

Working...