Polishing and waxing the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing and waxing the car

My moped car is an fugly little plastic can of a car, some of it is design but most of it is that it has never been properly maintained, so now that the weather is warm enough for outside work I've decided to do something about it.

The hubcaps are gone so I've painted the wheels.

(Unfortunatley I don't have a "before" image, but it was aprox the same color and lots of rust flaking paint, bubbled up paint etc etc)

The final color is glossy black, more pics tomorrow.

Yeah, its going to be fun if I ever have to change wheels

And tomorrow I'm going to polish and wax it

Now I am going to use a polish attachment to my powerdrill (and you can't talk my lazy ass out of it ) and the usage instructions I get from people are confusing me a bit.

So I'm going to give you all a chance to add to my confusion

people either tell me to have the drill att highest speed or lowest when i polish.

Personally I think slowest
    Last edited by Technoid; 26 April 2008, 16:48. Reason: one to many http://
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

you should use a speed of around 2000rpm to polish...

Comment

well, here's the fugly thing

Anyway, i ran out of polish

I'll probably have to go at it again, but atleast it looks better:

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I thought you were polishing up a car????????
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
          I was, untill I ran out of polish

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
            I was, untill I ran out of polish
            Looks more like you ran out of car.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
              Looks more like you ran out of car.
              heh, at that moment I was glad it was an "smaller than an ultra compact"

My arms felt as they were going to fall off

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                it is more fuel efficient than yours.

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Technoid - You know I'm all for deviating from the lego instructions but you left half the pieces in the box.
                  Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfman View Post
                    it is more fuel efficient than yours.

mfg
                    wulfman
                    Especially with 5 adults and baggage on board!
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

It's funny to drive around in it, it's quite a head turner

Especially on sundays when people get that "WTF!?!, damnit I'm still drunk!" expression.

Comment

Between polish, microcars and drunks there's got to be some good punchline in here...but I can't quite make it out :/

Comment

Working...
                        X