Holocaust day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holocaust day

Yesterday was holocaust day here and Time magazine published a story about Poland's 'Anne Frank' - Ruta Laskier, a 14 year old girl who didn't survive it. Her diary was published over 60 years after it was found.

'If only I could say, It's over, you only die once ... but I can't, because despite all these atrocities, I want to live, and wait for the following day.'
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Since anything I could say would fall way short of anything appropriate in remembering the holocaust and other atrocities in WWII, I just keep my mouth shut in respect.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Couldn't possibly have said it better (I tried hard just after the thread was posted...and given up)

Comment

This says it all in my book (Non Sequitur from 11 June 2006)

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thanks for the humble reminder. It is good to reflect from time to time so that we never forget about these atrocities.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
          X