Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the last Cylon model? (spoilers?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the last Cylon model? (spoilers?)

I've been pondering this lately.

Apparently Ron Moore, the guy behind the re-invented BSG, says that the last model is not in the "Last Supper" image, so that rules out the Adama's, Starbuck, Helo, and Roslin. I doubt a minor character is the final model, so who can it be? my money is on Geata.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Starbuck explodes with her viper, shows up 2+ months later in a virgin craft that is not what she left in, and she is not the last model? 0_o
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

It has been confirmed she is NOT the last model.

I have read some pretty interesting theories too...

Comment

Deana (or something like that...you know, the boxed line of Cylons) specifically apologises the vision of last model, suggesting that they had close contact. That could rule out some characters (Lee Adama for example, since he was on Pegasus during New Caprica occupation) and also hint at some others. And Geata is among them (though personally I don't see how he fits...)

Grr, don't have any means to watch now episodes that might be relevant...

And the deal with Starbuck could be explained partially by time dillation effects (though probably in a bit mixed way considering that the star system in which she "died" and the nebula aren't for sure in 1-2 light months range of Sol). Still, doesn't explain new craft, and, most importantly...why in her version Sol is part of triple star system?...
        Last edited by Nowhere; 5 May 2008, 15:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
          Deana (or something like that...you know, the boxed line of Cylons) specifically apologises the vision of last model, suggesting that they had close contact.
          I always believed that the one she was apologizing to was Saul Tigh, given that she was the one that removed his eye when he was in the cell on New Caprica.
          ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Delany View Post
            I always believed that the one she was apologizing to was Saul Tigh, given that she was the one that removed his eye when he was in the cell on New Caprica.

You took the words out of my mouth.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

My take on this season is that they are TOTALLY not approaching it like a "final season". In seasons past it was ok to "throw away" an episode on a cool story or a character study. But in this season, any episode that doesn't move us towards the conclusion seems... wasted.

Plus, with things approaching the point of criticality, the disjointed storytelling is getting out of hand.

Please don't think I'm just being critical for no reason - this is STILL our only "must watch" hour of TV.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

The disjointed story telling is driving my wife batty!

Comment

Yeah.

First it was the "previously, on Battlestar: Galactica"... followed by 5 snippets... out of which 3 you had seen, one was actually an UPCOMING scene, and one was clearly in the past but never actually aired.

Then it was the "hey all this time is passing and we're just not going to tell you why Apollo and Dee are splitting up when last episode they kissed and made up!"

Now it's just all higgledy-piggledy.

I do have a FEW questions though.

1. What's the criteria for utilizing your kick-ass Cylon powers? Tighe is still a feeble old fart, gets brutalized by #6. Sam routinely gets spousally abused by Kara. But what'shername figured out how to do the "Cylon power punch". Do you have to sleep with Baltar to activate your abilities?

2. "We're not wired that way. Our minds don't work like that." Y'know, unless it's necessary to move the plot forward, in which case Sharon takes a fiber optic lead, shoves it into a vein on her wrist, and sends a crippling virus out through... no wait, that was "Independence Day"... NO WAIT, THAT WAS BS:G!

3. Am I the only one who really dislikes Gaeda?

4. How does this timeline work? So like 40 years ago there was a war, and Adama found they were doing human experiments. Then AT LEAST 20 years ago, Adama meets Tighe. We're supposed to believe that they knew how to build humanoid Cylons 20 years ago? How about Tyrell? People on the fleet have known him and his parents since he was a kid...

Comment

Yeah Delany, that's why I wanted to watch again those old episodes (dammit, you spoiling bi...uhm, ok, serves me right for beeing in spoiling thread )

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                    1. What's the criteria for utilizing your kick-ass Cylon powers? Tighe is still a feeble old fart, gets brutalized by #6. Sam routinely gets spousally abused by Kara. But what'shername figured out how to do the "Cylon power punch". Do you have to sleep with Baltar to activate your abilities?
                    I think your body is also capable of greater things than your mind currently thinks it can force it to do...
                    2. "We're not wired that way. Our minds don't work like that." Y'know, unless it's necessary to move the plot forward, in which case Sharon takes a fiber optic lead, shoves it into a vein on her wrist, and sends a crippling virus out through... no wait, that was "Independence Day"... NO WAIT, THAT WAS BS:G!
                    Upgrades
                    3. Am I the only one who really dislikes Gaeda?
                    Yeah, I like half of the Cylon models more...hey, perhaps another reason why he'd fit in there
                    4. How does this timeline work? So like 40 years ago there was a war, and Adama found they were doing human experiments. Then AT LEAST 20 years ago, Adama meets Tighe. We're supposed to believe that they knew how to build humanoid Cylons 20 years ago? How about Tyrell? People on the fleet have known him and his parents since he was a kid...
                    I also wondered about this...perhaps something much more profound happened during first Cylon war...perhaps "final" models came first and are therefore imperfect, just...like...humans (humans? where? But that would be too cliche ). Oh, and do I see brewing of replay of first Cylon war, but among current Cylons?...

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
                      Oh, and do I see brewing of replay of first Cylon war, but among current Cylons?...
                      Hey and is it just me or were the "old model" Cylon Centurions waaaayyyy cooler than the new ones? Or are the new ones that cool now that they've been "un-lobotomized"? I dunno. We don't get to spend NEARLY enough time with the various NON-humanoid Cylon models in this series.

{robot voice}By Your Command!{/robot voice}

Comment

Well, the new Centurions did suddenly become much more menacing in their gestures/movements in the episode where they gained free will

(btw, never seen the original BSG, and I think I don't want to, so my only contact with old Centurions is Razor movie/webisodes and few wiki pages here and there)

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                          Tory (what'shername) is the only one of the four who has been in a position where they want/need to use it. Sam kicked the crap out of the skin job on the poop ship and didn't even bruise a knuckle, so I think he used a little there.

!!!HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I think there are fundamental difference between the 7 common lines and the 5 'special' models. If you read the Caprica spin-off spoilers on TV Squad (huge spoler alert: http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/11/01/mo...inoff-caprica/ and http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/04/03/ex...info-revealed/) you discover that the original Cyclons were basically just clones. My guess is the clones were eventually given the 'cylon super punch' powers later on, so the common 7 are "workhorse models" and the final 5 are more ... human.

[/quote]3. Am I the only one who really dislikes Gaeda?[/quote]

No, he irks me too. He's the last Cylon ... just kidding, It's Lee's wife.

See spoiler from #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                            No, he irks me too. He's the last Cylon ... just kidding, It's Lee's wife.
                            Puh-lease. EX-wife.

Comment

I just thought of something.

Although it's been "confirmed" that Starbuck isn't the final model, it should have been readily apparent to us... because the final fives don't have a resurrection ship. They're unique models.

I mean, SURE you could contrive something, say "oh there's a HIDDEN resurrection ship blah blah blah" but really ... no.

So then the next logical question is "what DID happen to her", and it's pretty clear to me that she must have been cloned. I imagine the Cylons are in on it somehow, but of COURSE they have the "brain uploading" technology as well as the "body duplication" technology. Of course the tattoos would be harder to pull off but...

Comment

Working...
                              X