Flight Sim Junkies take note....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Sim Junkies take note....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Someone might be losing their FAA creds...
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

It is a Qantas 747................

Nicely made though!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Wow, really good.
      I really liked the end on the golden gate, hehe, too big

edit : looking at some of the others too now ...
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Whomever decided to take a 747-400 ER through a Redbull air race circuit is absolutely nuts...

"The Captain has turned on the fasten seatbelt sign..."

Where can I get a ticket to ride?
        Last edited by MultimediaMan; 10 October 2008, 14:14.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

And in the really real world....

Boeing 707 airliner aerobatics by the great Boeing test pilot Tex Johnson in 1955 Link.....

And the infamous Red Bull BO-105 stunt chopper doing its thing Link....
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, Tex Johnson himself says in a video that it's a zero-stress manouver, so I'm not sure if it counts as incredible

@second video - http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=RGu45s1_QPU this version doesn't have, imho, f-cked up editing (in the one to which you linked it isn't certain that he does full aileron roll and loop). Though it's "simply" an aerobatic chopper, so it's expected...otoh I've seen something like that made by Havok.

Comment

Rolling a 707: True... and he nearly lost his flight status because of it. Not from the FAA, but from the president of Boeing.

Rolling a 747: Possible, probably. I bet when Tex Johnson looked at this plane for the first time, he thought about it, then remembered the verbal lashing he received the last time he rolled an airliner.

The Bolkow-105 is a great aerobatic helicopter, but the Westland Lynx, the Boeing/MCD/Hughes MD530, Boeing/MCD MD630 and the Boeing/MCD MD900 all have it beat in aerobatic performance. The chief differences are the Lynx not being commercially-available, and the MDs not being offically "rated" for the maneuvers - even though the Army has routinely put the MD530 and MD630 through those same paces for over 30 years in the case of the 500 series choppers.
              Last edited by MultimediaMan; 11 October 2008, 06:19.

Comment

Working...
              X