And the new Doctor is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the new Doctor is...

...Matt Smith. Being a Yank I've never heard of him before, but somehow he doesn't fit from the 2 minute spot on BBC.com.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

But if he's even half as good as Tennant I'll still watch.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I've never heard of him before either.

I think it is a good change. I can't remember but is this the youngest the doctor has been? I wonder who the travelling companion will be....

Comment

Pauly Shore?
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I've only seen the newer Doctor Who stuff (the Eccleston and Tennant years). Hope he's good.

As long as they don't get any companions as annoying as Donna; I'm on board (Which means no Pauly Shore.)

From what I understand from the article, for all of 2009 we will just get 3 specials + 1 more in the beginning of 2010, and then after that Smith will take over (or possibly at the end of the last).

Tennant said in October that he would stand down from the show after filming four special episodes in 2009.

Tennant is recovering from back surgery ahead of filming in 2009
        The star is due to begin shooting the first special this month, just weeks after surgery on his back forced him to pull out of a London run of Hamlet.
        The last of these special episodes is expected to run in early 2010.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
        X