X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Ledger wins Golden Globe....

Link....

>
    There was little surprise in the supporting-actor category. Virtually since he died nearly a year ago, Ledger has been the name on everyone's lips for that award.

Ledger won the prize for his diabolical turn as the Joker in the Batman blockbuster "The Dark Knight," raising his chances to become only the second actor to win a posthumous Oscar. The first was Peter Finch, who won the best-actor Oscar for 1976's "Network."

"Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan accepted the Globe for Ledger, who died last Jan. 22 from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. Oscar nominations come out on the one-year anniversary of Ledger's death.

"All of us who worked with Heath on 'The Dark Knight' accept with an awful mixture of sadness but incredible pride," Nolan said. "After Heath passed, you saw a hole ripped in the future of cinema."
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

It's too bad that he's no longer amongst the living. He totally deserves that award and I have no doubt that he'll also get the Oscar. It's one of them happy / sad things

Comment

From the Daily News last year....

"Well," Nicholson told reporters in London early Wednesday, "I warned him."
      Though the remark was ambiguous, there's no question the role in the movie earmarked as this summer's blockbuster took a frightening toll.

Ledger recently told reporters he "slept an average of two hours a night" while playing "a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy ..."

"I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."

Prescription drugs didn't help, he said.

Ledger's ghastly image as the Clown Prince of Crime in "Dark Knight" has been an Internet sensation since trailers were released in December, featuring Ledger in full death's-head mode.

His face chalk-white, his hair green and his mouth a sliced red grimace, the handsome 28-year-old Australian actor looked frighteningly true to the character in the Alan Moore graphic novel, "Batman: The Killing Joke."
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm glad he got the Golden Globe award. He deserved it, its one of the most memorable performances I saw this year.

Now having said that. I still think it was numb to have a method actor play the Joker with source material like "The Killing Joke" "Arkhahm Asylum" and "The Dark Knight Returns"

Dumb dumb dumb

Now excuse me while I go watch that DVD again.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I'm not sure if there's much point in giving such awards to dead actors.

Especially in this case, when the award not only won't further the ongoing career of somebody else with a talent, but idolises somebody who...sure, brilliantly performed his role...but couldn't cope with it; killed himself in the process. And...it doesn't make one bit of a difference for him.

Though it does make people who worked with him feel better. The same people who failed to adequatly support him.

Comment

I really do think he deserved it.
            If only just for the exceptional effort he put into the role.
            Yes, it probably killed him...."Only the good die young"

Probably gonna be one of my all time favorites.....
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
            X