Deep Freeze....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Freeze....

-12F actual, -35F wind chill, and we're the warmest town for 50 miles.

Needless to say virtually every school in SE Michigan is closed.

3rd Clipper of the year

Let Spike out for his morning constitutional - he jumped off the porch, took about 5 seconds to do his business then almost ran through the door wall trying to get back in
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Oh yeah, I was supposed to post updates as long as I can

So...two days of nice snowfall (10 - dozen cm) and high temps (just below 0) almost two weeks ago, then for over a week temps in "minus dozen" range (I hate such weather...snow stops beeing real snow quite quickly), and since two days...temperatures slighly above zero(yes, also during the night)/"snow" is melting (though there's quite a lot of it still left)

I suspect that might be, almost, the end of winter here... :/ (it sort of was during the past few years)

(dammit, is there any place that has both relatively warm winters and constant, slow snowfall, just like I like? Norway perhaps thanks to Gulfstream?)

PS. Doc, I imagined something else when you said we were going to be hit "hard"
    Last edited by Nowhere; 16 January 2009, 05:41.

Comment

Hard, as in sledgehammer to the skull.

You know you're in trouble when walking on the snow makes a squeak. It's squeaking like hell this Michigan morning
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

-18F (-28C) on my scale this morning, -40F wind chill at Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

Every bridge & overpass looks like is made out of ice, passed 3 crashed & 1 flipped over car on one bridge I was driving thru this morning.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Working...
        X