No announcement yet.

OMG: octuplets!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The world does not really need lawsuits. One would only bring more attention to the comments. Who here really agrees with Gurm's degree of dislike? We're all intelligent enough to form our own opinions unlike the general masses.

Comment

Agreed.

You ought to hear some of the stories they get, as well as fan and hate mail. Some of it is shocking to say the least.

I'm not dropping a dime on anyone on this forum for something like this, but I can tell you that there are many agencies whose sole purpose is to look on the web for infringing IP or libelous commentary on behalf of their clients.

I don't know if the Duggars have retained such a service, but I know, and know of, several far lower-profile people who do pay for those services.
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

The plot thickens.

It sounds like this woman might have a psychological problem similar to anorexia or body dysmorphic disorder. Or she's somehow formed an unhealthy association between having children and love, security, etc. Her mother declared bankruptcy. She might have gone broke paying for the invitro. One wonders if her parents are enablers. An intervention and councelling might be in order.

(A minor in psychology is a dangerous thing. :/ )

Kevin

Comment

Read that news story earlier. This particular woman cannot support the kids even with help from her mother. The doctors involved should never have helped her get pregnant with the second batch.

Comment

From what I'm hearing on the local news the guidelines for a woman her age who has successfully had IVF before is to only implant 1-2 embryos, so by implanting at least 8 her docs could theoretically be brought up on professional charges.

That may require a complain by someone, but with the furor this is causing their professional organization might just come up with one to make sure the focus stays where it should be.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan View Post
              Gurm, this makes twice you've crapped on my family or my friends...
              And my family and friends haven't been crapped on repeatedly? Grow a thicker skin.

Let's be clear here: You will not insult my family or close friends ever again, Comprende'?
              Please don't threaten people. It makes you seem thuggish.

You have commited libel, and may well get a note from an attorney who I guarantee will be better funded than any defense attorney you can muster.
              And actually, it would be hard to prove libel, since my comments were directed at the Quiverfull movement and Gothardites in general, and:

The examples above would remain accurate if Mr. Brooks had been badmouthing a specific person, rather than a company. However, if Mr. Brooks had targeted a general group of people without naming anyone specifically, U.S. law does not allow the plaintiff to be "a group of people," and therefore no recourse would likely be available through these laws for those who felt they were the intended victims.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan View Post
                I'm not dropping a dime on anyone on this forum for something like this, but I can tell you that there are many agencies whose sole purpose is to look on the web for infringing IP or libelous commentary on behalf of their clients.

I don't know if the Duggars have retained such a service, but I know, and know of, several far lower-profile people who do pay for those services.
                Cool, can I retain a service to hunt down people who make Neo-Nazi and/or anti-semitic comments on random forums and sue them? No? Oh wait, that's right that would be ridiculous. *cough*

Dude, I've had people come up to me and insult my entire race to my face, telling me MY FAMILY IN PARTICULAR ought to be tossed back in those ovens... I haven't sued anyone yet.

And if genuine news sources have no problem reporting the issues with this movement, why should we?

Anyway, sorry I offended you. We've just brought our third child into the world, have decided to do the sensible thing and stop now, and this whole topic just rubs me the wrong damn way.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post

. . . . .

And actually, it would be hard to prove libel, since my comments were directed at the Quiverfull movement and Gothardites in general, and:
                  Damnit, I had to look that one up.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama View Post
                    Damnit, I had to look that one up.

The Wikipedia article is actually pretty gentle toward the guy...

Comment

And watch out for the Amish at 6.8 kids/family, one of the fastest growing groups in the world
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                      X