Simply unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply unbelievable

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Nice.
    And kudos for her picking such a difficult song.
    She swung for the fence and hit a home run.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Absolutely one of the best voices I've heard in years.

Aretha Franklin also started out as a choir singer, but in her fathers church - New Bethel Baptist in Detroit. I attended services there as a guest of one of my college classmates and Oh-Brother....she could blow down the doors without a mic
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 April 2009, 18:11.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Holy *hit that was f'in awesome! I hope she goes all the way through that show and gets some contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan View Post
          ... gets some contracts.
          Oh, I don't think you have much to worry about on that score win or lose.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

One, or rather two, of her competitors, in a totally different style, are at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHvATmUsSg - you can see at the start that the three judges have the metaphorical hooked stick to pull them off the stage in their hands, but that is soon dropped and is replaced by the Yes button. However, according to http://www.online-betting-guide.co.u...got-talent.htm they have only a 25:1 chance of winning, against Susan Boyle's 11:10. I've seen Flawless (5:1) and Good Evans (20:1) as well. Flawless have extremely good and impressive choreography and execution, but they lacked art in their performance, IMHO. Good Evans was trite punk. The boy is a good singer and carried the other 4 on his back but I agree with one of the judges that the parents would be better off the stage altogether. As for the tweetie twins, they should be with the parents, off stage. The boy, as a soloist, with a good song, would have had a much improved chance. I think he would have been better singing something from the religious repertoire Ã* la choirboy soloist, if his voice could carry it.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

My Dad linked me to that Susan Boyle video a few days ago. She is simply once of the best singers I've ever heard and that takes into account a few opera singers that were trained in a conservatory that I know.
              Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Here is Boyle singing "Cry Me A River" from a charity CD 10 years ago - and it only sold 1,000 copies

Link...(YouTube)....

A-freakin'-mazing

Having her go undiscovered for so long is damned near criminal.

Take THAT, youth culture
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 April 2009, 15:27.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                  Here is Boyle singing "Cry Me A River" from a charity CD 10 years ago - and it only sold 1,000 copies

Link...(YouTube)....

A-freakin'-mazing

Having her go undiscovered for so long is damned near criminal.

Take THAT, youth culture

AMAZING!!!!! thanks doc for the link. WOW she is truly astonishing.

Comment

And an a cappella (partial) performance of My Heart Will Go On (Titanic) on Larry King

YouTube link....

This gal needs to put out an album or 20
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 April 2009, 23:40.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                    X