X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator characters: Cameron, Sarah, John, Cromartie

Based on a name my father gave a dog of his: Inge, Terra, Von, Blitz

Firefly Characters (Printers): Wash, Zoe

Names I've Given my cousin's family's computers, (Jack) Bauer, Cakemaker (She made towel cakes.), CTU, DeskCrasher (She broke her desk)

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
      . . . .
      PS. Related question: how do you name hard disks? First thing which occured to me, also a decade ago, was "die hard", "die harder", "with a vengeance". Also stuck
      People bother naming hard drives?

Comment

Tracy, Cindy, Candy, Jessica and Star hehe!

Comment

My hard drives in this computer are Local Disk, XP32 (which never actually go installed on it, I liked Vista too much), and Voluminous.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus View Post
            my thinkpad is called 'surname-thinkpad'. Lack of imagination? I hope not
            my cellphone is called surname-nokia3109. I guess there's the logic, based on differentiation between owner and device
            Lack of imagination? Depends on your surname...

I personally prefer not to use names by which I can be identified (same for my wifi network). Maybe I'm being overly paranoid though... (where is that shifty-eyes-smiley)

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama View Post
              People bother naming hard drives?

Letters are so meh, better have descriptions (ok, ok, mine tell anything only to me, but that's enough; drive letters can change/be absent on other OSes)

Comment

I've named my systems for:

Egyptian Gods and Heroes
                Greek Gods and Heroes
                Norse Gods and Heroes

Named for all the spacecraft in the various Alien movies: Nostromo, Narcissus, Sulacco, etc...

My current Virtual Domain is named for the "Planet of the Apes".

ETA: I do edit my drive names to reflect what kind of a drive it is; single, RAID, what RAID Level and which partition it is on.
                Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I'm an Egyptian God.
                  Well, "Mehen" is.
                  Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                  Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Mine are random and don't follow any regular pattern.

My PC is named Jetplane now because the fan sounds like a jet's engines coming online when it kicks-in. My iBook G4 is named Shinjubook since it came from Japan and is sort of a pearly-white color (and not related at all to "double suicide" or breasts/bondage).

The wife's iBook is named Rainbook after her usual username of "rainsngr".

Our son's PC - well, the kids overall - is named Bumblebox after his favorite Transformer.
                    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                    X