AR - Augmented Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR - Augmented Reality

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

On my previous cell phone, there was an augmented reality game where the game overlayed alien-like creatures with the camera image (to give an impression there were invisible aliens that you could only see with the cell phone), which you could shoot...

Strange how these developments go so slowly (that games was 4 years ago)...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

OMG that's perfect! What make/model was that cellphone??

Kevin

Comment

It was a Symbian phone (Nokia 6260). The game was MonsterHunt, but I couldn't get it to work on my phone (even though it was compatible).

I also recall a labyrinth game (with a ball and a labyrinth), and the camera was used to determine motion (you had to aim the camera at a background with a pattern). This did not work on my phone (was not on the compatibility list), but this is also some odd 4 years ago. The same game exists now on Windows Mobile, but it uses the internal motion sensor.
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X