No announcement yet.

SHARPSHOOTER! (clays with arrows etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHARPSHOOTER! (clays with arrows etc.)

I used to hunt pheasants and geese with a bow and blunt tipped arrows, but this kids amazing.....

Link....(with video)

ST. JOHN - A central Kansas man hopes to work his way to his dream job, one arrow at a time. "I'm trying to get good enough to be an exhibition shooter, that's my goal," Heath Getty said after shooting fast-flying clay targets with his bow and arrows Wednesday evening.

Getty, 24, started bow-shooting the thin targets about a year ago. His personal best is seven in a row.

It's not his first adventure in shooting.

"We're all really into hunting and shooting, the whole family," said his mother, Diane. "I can't tell you how many bands I had to buy for slingshots and how many BB guns he wore out when he was little. He's always spent a lot of time getting good at it."

From slingshot and air gun, Getty progressed to a .22 rifle before he was 10. When stationary targets became too easy, he began tossing progressively smaller targets into the air.

His personal best with the rifle is shooting Tic Tac-size empty .22 cartridges. Wednesday, he routinely hit a tossed golf ball. He shot a quarter out of the air twice.

"I used to be a lot better, but I haven't shot a rifle much the past couple of years," he said.
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 July 2009, 22:29.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

OMG, that's very impressive. What a talent!

Comment

Working...
    X