No announcement yet.

Dueling in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elliot Ness was a federal treasury agent, not a street cop.

My dear friend, many of these gang battles are one-on-one when they are honor fights. Nothing unusual, sorry to say. I've seen a couple and they looked just like the showdowns in Gunsmoke, but with modern firearms of all types and no conversation. Please don't tell me that showdowns weren't duels as they most certainly were. One happened in our ER on an otherwise quiet Wed. night. Tons of fun. Do they get called a duel in the police report? Usually not, but that doesn't change what they are.

Also: in the 20 states that have anti-dueling laws many are recently updated. Do you think they'd pass them if it wasn't an issue?

IMO the states without well targeted dueling laws should change that, and you know I'm pro-stand your ground. It's just that this change is needed and I wanted to call attention to it.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 August 2009, 02:06.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Doc, you've come up with a perfectly logical solution to a non-existent problem.
      I am willing to go out on a limb and state that there has NEVER been a case of a DA declining to prosecute gang-bangers* involved in a shoot out for lack of a law against dueling.
      And there never will be such a case.

* modern gang-bangers, not 18th century rich politicians, or 19th century cowboys, or 20th century mugging victims.
      Last edited by cjolley; 29 August 2009, 06:02.
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
      X