Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My kids have some hard labour ahead of them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because that would cost another $20 and if not everyone does it they lose sales based purely on the bottom line.

Oddly, if my kids had broken the TV instead I wouldn't have been too mad. That would have been a legitimate claim on the household insurance for accidental damage, and the replacement would have the HDMI ports I need for the XBOX 360 and V+ box
    FT.

Comment

They will change out a component to save 1/2 cent, let alone add multi-$10's of dollars for a screen protector.

Comment

Not to mention added weight and volume on laptops.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

$20 worth of polycarbonate sheeting and some black adhesive pads prevents 80% of the problem for TV's and monitors. Some of the thinner stock might work for laptops too. Have a hardware store nearby that sells and cuts to order, including finishing the edges.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The replacement screen isnt There's a difference in the way the invertor board is mounted that make it incompatible. And its made by LG rather than Samsung despite supposedly being a genuine Dell replacement part.
            FT.

Comment

Usually laptop makers source LCDs from several makers for same model, so this is quite normal and you have to know which LCD you have before ordering a replacement.

Comment

Working...
              X