• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Hornet/Kato set pics....

Seth Rogen (lookin' TRIM buddy!) as the Green Hornet

Jay Chou as Kato, his driver and sidekick

And "the lady" - Black Beauty. She's a modded 1966 Chrysler Imperial

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 September 2009, 15:05.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Don't know....jut can't picture this being a serious flick like "The Dark Night.

Comment

While the Dark Knight was good, I think it was brought down by Christopher Nolan's screenplay enough to the point that it actually bothered me. There was simply too much movie there. It didn't have a good flow or story arc at all. The stuff near the end felt tacked on. The movie just took itself way too seriously. He did the same thing with The Prestige.

Here's to hoping it ISN'T a serious flick like The Dark Knight.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Damn, i thought the Dark Knight was pretty good.
        It seemed all to flow quite well together....

As long as its nothing like "The Spirit" then it should do fine.....That was just pure crap.
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Interesting... are they copying the original Black Beauty design, or using the actual Black Beauty from the '60's series?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
            Damn, i thought the Dark Knight was pretty good.
            It seemed all to flow quite well together....

As long as its nothing like "The Spirit" then it should do fine.....That was just pure crap.
            Not to hijack the thread too much, but I think TDK would have been better had it been split amongst two movies.
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
              Interesting... are they copying the original Black Beauty design, or using the actual Black Beauty from the '60's series?

Kevin
              Both the primary Black Beauty and its backup are in private collections and not in the new movie. That car is a newly modded '66 Chrysler Crown Imperial. There are differences between the vehicles though - see below.

In case anyone didn't know: Britt Reid was the grand nephew of the Lone Ranger, his father being LR's nephew Dan Reid. Both the Green Hornet and the Lone Ranger started in Detroit on the WXYZ radio station as serials.

New Black Beauty (the mini-guns, rocket launchers and ultrasound gun retract and have covers) There are days I wish I had one of these things

Original Black Beauty

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 October 2009, 10:34.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I quite enjoyed the original series.....

This is one remake i don't mind (as long as they don't screw it up...)

edit : being a bit of a car buff, I enjoy all films automotive
                PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                X