Detroit rattled by (movie) explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit rattled by (movie) explosion

Part of the shoot for the Red Dawn remake, which thanks to new state policies is one of many major films now being done in Michigan. Lots of work for the area media types

Link....

Film crew's fiery explosion rattles downtown Detroit

Downtown streets were brimming with excitement Monday as camera crews and movie extras filled Griswold and Clifford to shoot scenes for the upcoming movie "Red Dawn."

It is the latest movie to be filmed in Metro Detroit.

The movie, a remake of the 1984 film that starred the late Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen and C. Thomas Howell, is about a group of teens who band together to save their town and the United States from a foreign military invasion.

Scenes of the movie have been shot throughout Metro Detroit. Last month, pyrotechnics and explosions filled a Mount Clemens neighborhood during filming.

The movie comes out next fall. The Detroit area and the state of Michigan have been frequent stops by movie companies. The state's film tax incentive has played a big role in Michigan's burgeoning film industry.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Don't tell me: a Chevy Volt Battery Recall?
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

No, more like gasoline and some huge assed squibs.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Its always a lot better when they actually blow something up instead of CGI...
        Gives a feeling of awe to all those watching...
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Not another remake. Hollyweird must have run out of ideas..
          paulw

Comment

Sigghhh....yes....another remake.

This crew's been all over the area too. Seems like every morning the traffic chopper reports a detour around the shoot. Just yesterday I saw big trucks hauling light armor and other vehicles with Chinese markings headed for where they were later reported to be.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I can just imagine the meeting that produce this idea:
              "Let's find the movie with the all time high quotient of stupidity times badness and remake it even worse."
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
              X