Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remanufacturing Disney

Worth a full read.

Bottom line is that Disney has a new exec and he's starting over. Post your thoughts.....

Link....

Disney Studios drama might alter the industry

Chairman Rich Ross has begun restructuring operations and set in motion a plan that could pit the film unit against business partners.

If you thought President Obama moved quickly, that's nothing compared with the first 50 days of the Ross administration.

In less than eight weeks, Rich Ross has swiftly stamped his imprimatur on Walt Disney Studios. The novice movie chairman and his boss, Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Bob Iger, want to create a new business model for Hollywood to address the sweeping changes that are roiling the entertainment industry, including slumping DVD sales and the growing role the Internet plays in movie marketing.

Seeking to recast the studio for the digital era, Ross and Iger have set in motion a plan to dramatically challenge entrenched practices, potentially pitting Disney against theater owners, retailers and other business partners. The gambit, if it works, could be emulated by other studios.

If it backfires, it could undermine what has historically been the creative heart of Disney.
    >
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 November 2009, 22:14.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I know what my first order of business would be if I was in charge:

Get rid of the $#@!ing Jonas Brothers.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
    X