Fight Club at U of Manitoba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Club at U of Manitoba

Apparently it was organized via facebook and included mostly male, U of Manitoba gym members. I used to use that gym too; it is probably a good thing I switched (gyms) otherwise I might have been stupid enough to join in. Still a student there for a few more months until I graduate.

The University of Manitoba has busted up a Facebook-based fight club operating in a third-floor squash court in the Frank Kennedy Centre. During its investigation, the university suspended gym members...

The University of Manitoba has busted up a Facebook-based fight club operating in a third-floor squash court in the Frank Kennedy Centre.

During its investigation, the university suspended gym memberships for more than 80 people who had signed up for a related Facebook site.

At least one consensual fist fight took place between two young men, and it seems likely there were other consensual fights, possibly involving spectators.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Spoilsports

We had an organized boxing club in high school, all separated by weight and age classes. Loads of fun and I think it let the guys burn off some of their excess testosterone/adrenaline. Full helmets though.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
      Spoilsports

We had an organized boxing club in high school, all separated by weight and age classes. Loads of fun and I think it let the guys burn off some of their excess testosterone/adrenaline. Full helmets though.
      Thats one of those things that works better in theory than in practice. Aggressive behavior as a stress reliever just tends to make you act more aggressively whenever you get stressed. I think people think it works only because it tires you out.
      (I think my psych degree is more useful in internet forums/discussions than anywhere else)

However, actually having some rules and regulations sounds pretty cool. I think it'd be an enjoyable sport for many (just do expect it to be the greatest reliever of stress, aggression, hormones, etc.)
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
      X