Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back to the coach=builders?

Another interesting development in car-land:
    Trexa has revealed details of a lithium-powered, all-wheel vehicle development platform that will enable engineers and developers to create custom "vehicle apps", doing for builders of electric vehicles what the iPhone did for application developers. Modular and scalable, the standard Trexa…

It is not unlike the GM platform, but it is open and should be made available to builders etc.

This makes me wonder if we might see a return to the seperate platform/coachbuilders companies, like they used to exist in the early days of car manufacturing?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Personally I hope they make a go of it - there is a lot to be said for the model especially for those with specific needs such as the handicapped. Not to mention those who just want to drive their own Batmobile
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

And now there are pricing details:
      When we first looked at TREXA's open-source electric vehicle development platform late last month we were impressed by the concept, but one big question remained - how much will it cost? The answer has come sooner than expected with TREXA announcing a base price of US$15,999 for the…

US$15,999 for the platform...

I wonder how fast kit-car manufacturers will contemplate this... Many of them now use some custom tube chassis or a donation chassis from another car.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'd think anything that standardizes the product would make their job easier (having fabbed a few cars/racers myself). That plus the EV aspect should make for lots of business.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X