what licence number??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what licence number??

So in this case, wtf do you do if the hdd is gone and you have no recovery cd's and HP is stonewalling you?

These new stickers are just worthless, the old ones that had a plastic layer atleast took some REAL effort to kill
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

squint...
    FT.

Comment

Microsoft will answer that question with a 'huh?' and could really not care less about it. Much like walking to a music company with scratched CD and asking to replace it for the manufacturing price only.
      Last edited by TransformX; 6 May 2010, 09:21.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Pull the scan into photoshop and crank the contrast.

Got one on my bench right now with the license key label torn almost completely off. I'll have to ask her how that happened.

Kevin

Comment

The real fun starts when you explain the situation for the customer and it finally sinks in
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
            Microsoft will answer that question with a 'huh?' and could really not care less about it. Much like walking to a music company with scratched CD and asking to replace it for the manufacturing price only.
            This is why, as soon as I have purchased a new CD, I rip it to FLAC...

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
            Pull the scan into photoshop and crank the contrast.
            If that works on the attached image, maybe it is better to pull it from the thread?
            (sorry, always a bit paranoid on these matters )
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post

So in this case, wtf do you do if the hdd is gone and you have no recovery cd's and HP is stonewalling you?

These new stickers are just worthless, the old ones that had a plastic layer atleast took some REAL effort to kill
              try shining a different wavelength light onto the label, like a blacklight or use an incandescent light + near-infrared camera (modded webcam).

it's nearly visible.. I think the last two groups are -06JPA-2HYWB or -06JPA-ZHYWB

I will also help if you know which font has been used by MS to print the license key

Comment

06JPA-2NYWB or Q6JPA-2NYWB.

It must be the most legible blocks that are blacked out.

Kevin

Comment

If the computer is made by HP, download HP Windows XP Professional from Pirate Bay or PM me. They will install and not need activation on HP or Compaq made computers (desktops/laptops) but will need it on non-HP computers. If you install HP XP on this computer which has COA, it's legit and they won't activate on non-HP computers.

If you install with generic OEM media and decipher and use the key on the bottom, they won't activate since MS disabled activation of OEM keys (abuse, stealing...). You will need to activate by phone.

HP is a lot nicer to partners. When I worked in HP partner shop, I emailed head of Slovenian PSG and next week restore DVDs for then current notebooks were on my work desk.
                  Last edited by UtwigMU; 7 May 2010, 13:19.

Comment

Working...
                  X