X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek II villain choices

Rumors say it is NOT Khan, but is one of the following -

Harry Mudd: erstwhile con man

Trelane: God-like entity misbehaving with mismatched historical creations. Basis for the Q.

Gary Mitchell: he and his G/F gain God-like powers from forces at the edge of the galaxy, and it goes to his head.

The Talosians: subjects of the ST-TOS pilot The Menagerie; mental giants with telepathic powers.

The Horta: rock-like creature that travels through rock as we do air.

Make your pick....
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 26 October 2010, 02:35.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Pick #1: PLEASE GOD NOT MUDD!

Pick #1a The HORTA is a favorite, not sure how to make an entire movie out of it though.

Pick #1b The Talosians would be a nice fit what with the timeline change and Pike still alive. *Make it so.
    Last edited by cjolley; 26 October 2010, 11:32. Reason: * oops, wrong incarnation ;)
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

I agree - the Talosians. They've made it a point to get Pike into the wheelchair and that would finish his story arc, though how to handle Number One (Morgan Primus, immortal mother of Wesley Crusher's friend in engineering Robin Leifer)

Nothing stopping a subplot including one of the others, though.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 26 October 2010, 09:34.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Q was my favorite bad guy from TNG. Would be nice to see a Q-like character.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Sounds like they are bringing back villains from the old Start Trek movies?

REALLY?

Why not change it up a bit and create new kick ass villains to challenge Starfleet to the fullest extent, to help them work together to combat it and or develop cool weapons etc.etc.

Comment

How about some good old bad and nasty Borg??
            paulw

Comment

hehe now the borg I wouldn't mind However the borg were introduced by the Q during the STTNG era, so not sure if it would work.
              I would welcome it anyway

Comment

The original TOS film had V'Ger as the foil, a story lifted from the canceled Star Trek: Phase 2 TV pilot, and it was enhanced on what would become the Borg homeworld - so with the new timeline....

V'Ger was originally based on the TOS TV episode "The Changeling," in which a NASA probe called NOMAD merges with an advanced alien probe.
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 October 2010, 03:37.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Kzinti. Kzinti appeared in the animated ST and would have been introduced on Enterprise, had it gone another season. Ron Perlman would be a great Kzinti.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
                    Kzinti. Kzinti appeared in the animated ST and would have been introduced on Enterprise, had it gone another season. Ron Perlman would be a great Kzinti.

Kevin
                    That would be very interesting since the Kzin (Kzinti) are part of the Ringworld series by Larry Niven. The Kzinti made it into the Star Trek animated series because Niven wrote the episode.

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The Kzinti remind me of the Kilrathi from Wing Commander

Here's a snippet from Wiki...
                      Set in the 27th century, the games tell the story of humanity's war against the Kilrathi, an alien species of large feline bipeds. They loosely resemble the Kzin from Larry Niven's Known Space universe. The Kilrathi are native to the planet Kilrah with their society depicted as an empire. Physically they are bipeds who strongly resemble big cats: they have leonine manes, but also have markings which distinguish their clan of origin. The species is featured in every game, with later games revealing more complex characters than just a faceless enemy.
                      I knew it

Comment

This is not the same time line as the other, one that we know, Star Trek.......I'm certain that J.J. will come up something that is out there.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                          That would be very interesting since the Kzin (Kzinti) are part of the Ringworld series by Larry Niven. The Kzinti made it into the Star Trek animated series because Niven wrote the episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kzin#Star_Trek
                          Kzin singular
                          Kzinti plural/collective
                          Kzintosh male
                          Kzinrette female

thus

The Kzinti are mighty warriors.
                          Ron Perlman would make a splendid Kzin (also Hero) .
                          One Kzintosh may have many Kzinrette in his harem.

Or such is my understanding.

Jesus, I'm white and nerdy.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post

Kevin
                            Ron Perlman's done feline before as Vincent in TV's Beauty and the Beast, opposite the lovely Linda Hamilton.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

IIRC it was intimated in the series that Vincent's "condition" was caused by his mother experimenting with a unique strain of magic mushrooms before he was born. Cue anti-drug message now.

Needless to say, the feline makeup for a Kzin would be a little more extreme than the makeup for B&TB.

Kevin
                              Last edited by KRSESQ; 27 October 2010, 21:07.

Comment

Working...
                              X