The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILER ALERT!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 new cast members -

???? : Matthew Modine (Full Metal Jacket)

????: Tom Conti (Almost Heaven, too many character parts to list)

Barbara Gordon (rumored): Joey King (Battle: Los Angeles; TV - Bent, CSI)

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 May 2011, 20:28.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Selena Kyle in uniform? No one's sure if it's real or not.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 May 2011, 22:48.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Looks like Catwoman is going with the current comics version - a skin tight tactical outfit....

Pretty much in line with the modern Darwyn Cooke version of Catwoman in the comics, but without the leather cap w/ears. Also in line with the more realistic look Nolan has been using; Catwoman is a cat burglar, and this would be functional for that job.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 August 2011, 13:08.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Scratch one IMAX camera

Hope that footage is in the flick.

The budget for "Batman: The Dark Knight Rises" might have just jumped up another six figures -- because last Friday, Catwoman's stunt double BARRELED through a super-expensive IMAX camera ... and TMZ has the crushing footage.

It's unclear who messed up -- the stunt-double or the cameraman -- but either way, the camera appeared to be blown to smithereens.

It was all shot outside some building at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh -- which, we're told, is supposed to be Gotham City Hall in the movie.

Thankfully, no one was hurt -- and with a budget of $250 MILLION ... a broken camera's just a drop in the bucket.

Sources close to production tell us both the camera and the cameraman were not injured during the incident -- but if you look closely, you can SEE camera shrapnel ... and fixing those things ain't cheap!

A rep for Warner Bros. had no comment.
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 August 2011, 15:26.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc, is that vid supposed to be postage-stamp sized or is my quicktime actiing up again?
            FT.

Comment

Mine opens up medium size. Did you adjust the QT player size menu item?

Try the YouTube link -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 August 2011, 03:06.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I don't appear to have a size menu. The YT is much better ta.
                Looks like they are trying to conceal her identity with a black sheet after the stunt
                FT.

Comment

Anne Hathaway said yesterday that what we've seen isn't the end evolution of the Catwoman outfit, so we may yet have her luscious curves in something slinky

Chris [Nolan] is doing insane things in it. And it's gonna be marvelous and it's gonna be way beyond what anyone imagines that it could be. You can't imagine the things that he's doing, at least I couldn't until I read the script and I was like, 'You're really? Okay, you're going there!' And it's Chris Nolan; even the picture that he released of me, that's not everything. That's like a tenth of what the catsuit is.
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 August 2011, 07:11.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Caught on the streets of Philadelphia: rumors say this is the Bat-Copter and that the blades will be added digitally in post-production, as well as the undercarriage being erased.

I question that because it looks more like a Tumbler-ized version of the flying Batmobile in the Batman Beyond animated series. I also don't see blades fitting between the buildings.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Batman Beyond street 'n sky Batmobile
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Looks like the Turda Salt Mines in Romania will be the non-set filming location of the Bat Cave. These are apparently how it looks normally, before Bats moves in
                        Attached Files
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Looks like they had a lighting genius in already!
                          FT.

Comment

Summarizing from this story....

Highlight to read....

Batman:

It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after The Dark Knight. So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state.

Bane:

He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters.

With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally. He's brutal. Brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 November 2011, 23:13.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                            X