List of my pistol collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of my pistol collection

(image is minus one - the 45/70 - a big rifle round)

C&B = cap & ball (black powder)

.50 Action Express - Desert Eagle
    45/70 Govt. - Thompson Center Contender (multiple calibers)
    .44 Magnum - Smith & Wesson #29 (Dirty Harry's gun)
    .44 Magnum - Ruger Super Blackhawk
    .44 C&B - Colt 1860 Army (original & replica)
    .44 C&B - Remington 1858 New Model Army (original & replica)
    .44 C&B - Colt 1847 Walker (BIG!) (replica)
    .40 - 1825 American naval belt pistol (flintlock - replica)
    .357 Magnum - Smith & Wesson #686
    .45 ACP - SIG Sauer GSR (stainless Colt M1911 clone)
    .40 S&W - SIG Sauer P239 (my carry piece)
    9 mm - SIG Sauer P226
    .22 LR/.22 Magnum - Ruger Single Six (convertable)
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 February 2011, 17:35.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

And my daughter just got her first pistol: a 9mm Smith & Wesson M&P Compact, a present from her man. She also got her CCW (concealed carry weapons permit) -

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 February 2011, 18:04.
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

List of my pistol collection:
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

here's mine:

"Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I read Detroit resembles post apocalypse. I don't have a pistol collection either.

Comment

Nor me!
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
              I read Detroit resembles post apocalypse. I don't have a pistol collection either.
              The police response time, while relatively quick, is such that by the time they get here it's all over and the victim has bled out, becoming a bureaucratic problem for police and the prosecutors.

People in the US aren't much into being crime victims or bureaucratic problems any more. We'd rather take care of business as it arises and let the perpetrator be the bureaucratic problem, and the vast majority of legislators, governors, police and prosecutors agree. It's called the right to self-defense, and implicit in that right is the guarantee to an effective means for accomplishing it.

As to Detroit -

Detroit's had a rough time; first it was the riots, then 40+ years of governance by the corrupt crew brought in by former Mayor Coleman Young, may he not rest in peace. This crew and their successors only started getting cleared out recently with the conviction of Mayor Kilpatrick and a Federal Grand Jury going after City Hall and his hangers-on.

They now have a businessman as Mayor, Dave Bing, who is actually doing something - tearing down the ruins & abandoned structures, about 25% of the city, and reclaiming the land for parks an urban farming, re-settling those displaced in stable areas, school reform etc. Citizens followed that up by clearing out City Council and electing a slate of reformers.

The state of Michigan has also changed and we now have a businessman for Governor, and long overdue reforms are starting. Gov. Snyder, a centrist Republican, won a huge mandate in November and he has appointed like-minded members of both parties to key budget positions, including the leader of the Senate Democrats as his point man.

Snyder and the new legislature are already pissing off all the right people; public employee & teacher unions, the corporate welfare crowd etc. - basically those who have bled the city & state dry for decades. This can only help Detroit recover.

I guess the bottom line is; cut Detroit some slack.
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 February 2011, 14:54.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I wish people would elect more business people here and I hope we don't have to go as far as Detroit. IMO majority of our politicians and certainly our prime minister wouldn't be able to even run a small business. For instance our prime minister (Who according to Wikileaks promised to take in 2 Guantanamo prisoners for photo with Obama and still went on with 3-minute photo-op visit after the leak) got elected in parliament 3 years after university (studied politology) and has worked in politics since then until becoming PM and running the economy. No wonder economy has tanked, GDP Regressed 5% compared to EU average, democracy has regressed, unemployment and budget deficit reached record high in only 2 years.

Comment

Funny, electing businessmen in Austria led to a finance minister who forgot to pay taxes on some of his accounts for a couple of years while he was finance minister, plus an extensive investigation into bribes & black money relating to to other politician-businessmen around him. It is really amazing how many companies/trusts on the British Virgin Islands a single person can have...

Best part: transcripts of phone calls made once the investigation started: "what did I do again to earn that money? I'm completely naked on that one..."

mfg
                  w
                  "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                  "Lobsters?"
                  "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                  "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
                  X