KSM, others to be tried....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSM, others to be tried....

9/11 mastermind and then AQ Operational Commander Khalid Sheikh Mohammed will be tried by a US Military Commission, a 180° reversal of the Administrations position of trying them in civilian courts with the rights offered a citizen of the US.

ABC News....

In other news, Obama is also to announce his re-election campaign today.

A reporter discussing the trials told a story of a previous Gitmo trial. Two AQ members were listening to testimony & taking notes on legal pads. One wrote something on a sheet, folded it into a paper airplane and flew it to the other inmate who openened it & laughed out loud. When it was examined he had written the flight and tail numbers of the 9/11 aircraft on it.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Will they also try alleged attackers who surfaced alive in north Africa few weeks after attacks? link from 23.9.2001.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 4 April 2011, 15:05.

Comment

After being held for 8 years and waterboarded 183 time KSM confessed everything:

US prosecutors say that Mohammed has confessed to a host of terrorist activities in addition to 9/11.

These include the 2002 nightclub bombing in Bali, Indonesia, the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the murder of American journalist Daniel Pearl and a failed 2001 attempt to blow up an airliner using a shoe bomb.

Comment

OT: Did Atlas shrug Jan 20th, 2009?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Most of those who have read the 1957 Ayn Rand novel would say yes. The novel has sold >7,000,000 copies, and they tend to get passed on, Each of our now-adult kids have read it. Erik will get a copy in high school since it's on our public schools reading list.

Atlas Shrugged - Part 1 hits theaters April 15, 2011, income tax day in the US.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You can see the joke coming from a mile away:

Theater Goers Shrugged...
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Heh. I read Atlas Shrugged in college. It was the most boring piece of crap I've ever read. And I've read David Copperfield!

Comment

Working...
              X