No announcement yet.

A plea for your thought and prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a deposition yesterday. Their lawyer grilled me for 2 1/2 hours, trying to prove my son and I were not close, to try to minimise the settlement.
    It didn't work.

We are schedualed for mediation in a couple weeks, trial mid-april if we don't settle by then.
    My lawyer really thinks we need to get past mediation and let a jury hear this one.
    He is a high-power lawyer in Denver. Has his own radio show, and a recognisable name in the area. He feels this is one of the strongest cases he's ever tried in 30 years of law practice. He believes a jury is going to hate them and sympathise with us. I tend to agree.

The company who's truck he was driving provided forged documents to try to show they believed he had a valid drivers license. But we have a disgruntled ex-employee who just happened to have un-altered copies of those documents showing otherwise.

Basically, we have em by the short hairs....just gotta let the system take it's course...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Juries hate proven liars. They're toast.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
        The company who's truck he was driving provided forged documents to try to show they believed he had a valid drivers license. But we have a disgruntled ex-employee who just happened to have un-altered copies of those documents showing otherwise.
        That's excellent, and nice little bit of luck.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

The case has been settled.
          We went to mediation a few weeks ago, and thier offer was an insult.
          We were gonna take it in front of a jury starting this Monday (8th).
          They came at us with an offer Tues morn. We counter offered by a sizeable amount, and they accepted.
          It's finally all done and over....phew...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Donnow what to say. I hope this will give you some sort of closure.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Glad here too. Hope it was enough to make it sufficiently painful for them
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I doubt it was that painful, their insurance covered it. But it was a number we couldn't turn down by betting it on a jury, or risk years of appeals.
                Hopefully they get dropped by their insurance carrier, cant find anyone to insure them, and shut down.
                We were told less than 5% of wrongful death suits in Colorado result in 7 digit judgements. They have a cap of 438k in most wrongful deaths.
                But this being felonious, we went way over that cap, and well into the 5%....

Comment

Working...
                X