A video tour of SpaceX's Launch Complex 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A video tour of SpaceX's Launch Complex 40

Can't be played on mobiles - 10+ minurts. Shows how they integrate F9 & Dragon, put it on the gantry etc. May not play in some countries due to ITAR export restrictions.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Shorter 5 minute version should play anywhere

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

lox tank at "a dollar over scrap" value from nasa.
    Now I know why spacex can do it so cheaply , Nasa is subsidising it a lot, its good thing but it seems there might be a lot of underevaluing of nasa contribution by the public and other interest groups.

nice vid

Comment

NASA wants both commercial crew and cargo, and that tank was going to be scrapped anyhow.

SpaceX also dropped the whole dime to refurb it, demo the Titan IV infrastructure, modernize the fuel/water plumbing and wiring - creating a state of the art Clean Pad facility where an outdated, useless pad was before. Next they will pay to install another integration barn 90° to the F9 building for Falcon Heavy, meaning that LC-40 will be able to process 2 flights at once.

To show what a bargain this is, it cost NASA >$600 million to convert a shuttle pad to Clean Pad. If SpaceX moves to another pad or fails KSC will inherit all this, making that tank a bargain.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 May 2011, 21:00.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X