26 foot Marilyn Monroe statue in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 foot Marilyn Monroe statue in Chicago

Posed like the famous blown-skirt scene from The Seven Year Itch. Some folks think it may be a tad risque, but what Marilyn image do you think of first?

The 26-foot, re-creation of Marilyn Monroe's iconic scene from "The Seven Year Itch" in Chicago is raising eyebrows by revealing too much Marilyn for some people.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 August 2011, 00:30.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Risky? It looks ok!
    Where my parents live, there are several bronze statues of nude women, e.g. one sitting in front of city hall (slightly taller than life size), and on the main square (standing position, approx. 6 metres high, with spread legs and hands behind her head...).
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

The very nice thing about it is that unlike current 'models', Marilyn was no skinny b!tch.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

In this day of economic crisis, would ot not be wiser to shelve expensive projects, especially when they are in bad taste?
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Privately funded by a sculpture group in LA. They can spend their bux as they see fit. Similar to the Robocop statue going up in Detroit, but it was funded by internet donations.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

That is not the point. Joe Public sees money wasted and does not know where it comes from because he cannot afford to feed his family, let alone buy a newspaper.

Comment

In that case Joe public has little to do around that area. People who can't afford to feed their families ought to be looking for a job, not loitering around shopping areas.
              What's next, close all the shops down Rodeo Drive because they might hurt the feelings of the poor?

Comment

Ask those questions in the UK just now and you will get the answer. If jobs are not available, panhandling in the wealthier streets may be the only honest option or looting as the dishonest choice. Your country is also on the brink, where the poor in rabbit hutches resent what they perceive as money wasted on the ultra-orthodox.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                  Ask those questions in the UK just now and you will get the answer. If jobs are not available, panhandling in the wealthier streets may be the only honest option or looting as the dishonest choice. Your country is also on the brink, where the poor in rabbit hutches resent what they perceive as money wasted on the ultra-orthodox.
                  Funny you mention Israel. Just a quick reminder about Tel Aviv, where the largest mass of protesters stay and where I happen to live:
                  Restaurants are packed full. Shopping malls are open and selling just like any other day. More people than ever are flying abroad on vacations.
                  The big resentment here isn't about the ultra orthodox, the settlements or whatever sector, it's the tycoons, the government (taxes!) and the large corporations which kill the competition and cause further artificial raise in prices.

So no, my country is actually very far from the or a brink. People are simply fed up and demand social justice from the government.

FYI: If Israel is ever that desperate, don't think for a second the Arab nation would give us a breather to regroup. Israeli economy is pretty solid, it's just that too many people were left behind on the way and now they're demanding to be allowed to live respectfully.
                  Last edited by TransformX; 10 August 2011, 05:19.

Comment

Working...
                  X