No announcement yet.

Steve Jobs resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have considered Apple but then they took VBA out of Office 2008.. -> no go. Is there a real RDBMS running on Apple, like MS SQL Server level?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

No, but then Apple doesn't make servers. And for anything on the desktop you don't need MS SQL or Oracle or DB2.

Comment

Apple does make a server OS and there are several RDBMS that run under OS X, including Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.

They just don't make dedicated server hardware (unless you count the server edition of the Mac mini).
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

They do sell a Mac Pro server..

Get a new Mac Pro with M2 Ultra chip from only $583.25 per month. Select a model or customise your own. Buy now at apple.com.

Comment

Forgot they had that, was thinking about them discontinuing the Xserve.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
              No, but then Apple doesn't make servers. And for anything on the desktop you don't need MS SQL or Oracle or DB2.
              I beg to differ. What would you propose, Access?
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
              X