• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world according to Americans

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

This one is older and better version.
    Attached Files

Comment

These were done for Sarah Palin, as in these were supposed to be her views of how the world looks.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

You are sadly mistaken if you think as much as 0.01% of Americans know "more evl-doers" even exists.
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

A friend of mine was asked a question (about 10-15 years ago) in the US: "Do you have electricity in Europe?" The sad thing is that he meant that question seriously...
          Ignoramuses are everywhere, so with a large population you are likely to have more of them.
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
            A friend of mine was asked a question (about 10-15 years ago) in the US: "Do you have electricity in Europe?" The sad thing is that he meant that question seriously...
            Well, we didn't on 11 July and intermittently thereafter for a couple of months. Of course this was nothing compared to the major power cuts, lasting several days, that occur periodically in the USA due to grid overloading or mismanagement during equipment failure (e.g. the famous NY one) or due to extreme weather (the worst). I have friend who lives in a rural area of NH, close to the VT border, whose power was cut off for 4 days just a couple of weeks or so ago after the hurricane. His first action was to go out and pay for an emergency 5 kW generator and a big tank for the fuel! I would hazard a guess that power cuts in Europe rarely last >24 h for any reason.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The most we lost power here was 2-3 days due to the cold in winter.
              We now have aa 650W generator to keep the freezer/fridge and the gas central heating going in case of another one.

(I know it seems stupid to have a generator for keeping stuff cold in very cold weather, but its much easier to find stuff in the freezer than looking through snow or a block of ice )
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
              X