Independence Day sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence Day sequel

Over the past few years, we’ve written again and again about a possible Independence Day sequel. While I never thought a sequel would happen due to the amount of time that’s passed, with Fox doing a 3D re-release next summer of the original film, I’m beginning to think it could happen. After all, the re-release is a great way to get people excited for a sequel.

So when I got to speak with producer Dean Devlin on the red carpet at tonight’s Saturn Awards, I asked him the status of the ID42 (Independence Day 2). He said:

“I can tell you that Roland Emmerich and I are working together for the first time in eleven years and we are working really hard to try and make this happen.”
    >
    “I think that the story that we finally cracked is finally worthy of a sequel. And I think that the people who have been fans will feel like they got the movie they were waiting for.”
    He also said that the script would use the time between the movies as a plot point.

And for Stargate fans, Devlin talked about their desire to make Stargate sequels. If you didn’t know, the film was the first in a planned trilogy.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X