Star Wars: Episode 7 ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Episode 7 ... ?

In a major surprise, a seventh "Star Wars" film entitled "Star Wars: Episode 7" is slated to be released in 2015 -- with George Lucas pledging to hand off the intergalactic saga to "a new generation of filmmakers."

According to this Lucas sold LucasFilm and all its assets, including Star Wars, to Disney for $4.05B.

He is handing off the reigns to the next generation of film maker. Looks like he really is retiring...if this is true.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

The Walt Disney Company proudly announces a record-breaking 60 wins for the 76th Emmy® Awards across its content brands, studios, and platforms, including ABC, …Read More

George Lucas will serve as creative consultant on the film and Kathleen Kennedy, the filmmaker George handpicked to lead Star Wars, Indiana Jones and the rest of Lucasfilm into the future will be the executive producer
    We'll see as the project proceeds I guess
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

The deal apparently covers the Indiana Jones franchise as well as Star Wars. I guess Lucas was serious when he said he's retiring.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm pretty sure Disney will either reboot star wars, or continue the story and be successful either way.

Comment

And George being the sole owner of Lucasfilms, ILM and Skywalker....4+BILLION...I think his retirement will be comfy....
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Funny thing is that I have this article in an old magazine, from early eighties, where it was said that Star Wars was intended to be three trilogies...

I wonder if a reboot could not be nice, the current movie look a bit dated... But any remake will always be compared with the original... Risky... And the story does not lend itself well to a series like e.g. StarGate did...

I had high hopes for the movie The Last Airbender: the cartoon was great, and the whole concept had everything to make it a great movie series. I still have not seen it, but so far it seems like it was a missed opportunity...
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I remember that too (it being intended to be a 3x3). Anyroad, episodes 1 to 3 were shite and, if we're honest, episodes 4 to 6 weren't that great either. Love the saber sword fights though.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I think it's pretty simple, really: Disney sees cow, Disney milks cow.
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

God I hope it's not a reboot.

There is plenty of room for story prior to "Episode 1"
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Actually, that might be interesting.
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

paulw

Comment

Lol
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Interest.
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                            Interest.
                            Yes, but prequels would take place before Jarjar was born!
                            They could get it back to space-western where it belongs.
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

See the rest here: http://www.howtobeadad.com/2012/1341...ars-film-title
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X