The new Batman IS......(drumroll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Batman IS......(drumroll)

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who as John Robin Blake in The Dark Knight Rises took on an un-uniformed "Robin" role - then it goes into spoilerville so suffice it to say that Blake's backstory mirrors that of Dick Grayson/Nightwing who takes over after Bruce Wayne hangs up the cowl after Batman: Knightfall (which TDKR takes cues from).

Will Warner Bros. turn The Batman into a superhero Dread Pirate Roberts? Time will tell.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play Batman in 'Justice League'

Drew McWeeny delivered an exclusive on his site HitFix on Nov. 26 and reported that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will take on the role of Batman in the new "Justice League" movie. The word from his source is that JGL will "absolutely" play Batman in the movie.

"Justice League" is the DC Comics tentpole movie that Warner Bros. hopes will be their "Avengers." The team consists of some of the world's most famous heroes, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Aquaman.

The word is that there might be something thrown into "Man of Steel," the new Superman movie, that will have Joseph Gordon-Levitt's appearance as Batman foreshadowed. This news could also mean that Henry Cavill could reprise his role as Superman in the "Justice League" movie as well.

McWeeny also reports that one other character from the "Dark Knight" trilogy is in talks to do something as well. One of the most discussed additions is Gary Oldman as James Gordon, although Michael Caine as Alfred is a more realistic possibility. Don't forget about Morgan Freeman to help John Blake build his new toys or maybe even the return of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne himself as a mentor character.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 November 2012, 01:24.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Well, I like him as an actor (Looper, Inception), but somehow feel he lacks the physique to portray Batman... Then again, if he is a successor to Bruce Wayne, it might resemble a bit the "Batman of the future" cartoons, and that Batman also did not have the physique...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

As far as muscle mass goes that can be added fast, witness the 100 lbs Bale put on between The Machinist and Batman Begins. Astounding

As to Batman's height and the actors who have played him;

Batman: 6' 2"
      Adam West: 6' 2"
      Christian Bale: 6' 0"
      Val Kilmer: 6' 0"
      George Clooney: 5' 11"
      Michael Keaton: 5' 10"

JG-L: 5' 10", same as Michael Keaton.

Now, if ou accept that he'd be a stand-in for Robin/Nightwing/Batman II he's on the mark at 5' 10". So was Chris O'Donnell.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 November 2012, 02:21.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Ben Affleck is the new Batman in Man of Steel 2, and likely other WB films going forward.

Holding opinions.

Affleck is a good actor when given a screenplay to work with. He's also 6' 4" and bulks to well over 200 lbs, so he'll definitely fill the suit better than most actors who've played the part.

Ben Affleck is Batman. The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Batman-Superman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday. Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton. “We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of […]

Ben Affleck Is the New Batman

Batman-Superman feature to hit theaters July 17, 2015

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Batman-Superman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Batman-Superman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Man of Steel,” which opened this past June, has earned over $650 million at the global box office.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne,” Snyder said in a statement. “I can’t wait to work with him.”

The announcement of a Batman-Superman film was revealed last month at Comic-con to much excitement of fanboys, who will surely be watching as the studio begins to assemble its Justice League.

The irony of Thursday’s news is that at one point Warner Bros. was interested in having Affleck direct the “Justice League” movie and his participation in this film will now spur interest if whether his casting means a possibility of directing that film.

The Boston native recently upped his Hollywood power when he won the Best Picture Oscar for “Argo.”
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Honestly don't know how I feel about that. I've always liked Affleck, but I'm having a hard time picturing him with the demeanor that it seems like Batman requires. Still, I think he has a good chance of pulling it off.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

One of the few good lines from Daredevil; after tossing a gangster onto a subway rail after beating him silly, Daredevil leans over the ledge as the gangster begs for help -

"You see that light at the end of the tunnel? That's not Heaven, it's the C-Train!"

Delivered perfectly with just the right tone & body language. Next scene has cops picking up both halves of the crook
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
              X