The Crow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crow

After playing Loki, God of Mischief, in Marvel Studios' Thor, last year's blockbuster Marvel's The Avengers, and returning in the role later this year for the sequel Thor: The Dark World, British actor Tom Hiddleston may be switching from villain to hero as he's in early talks to play Eric Draven in Relativity Media's reimagining of James O' Barr's gothic comic character The Crow.

Previously turned into a 1994 cult movie starring the late Brandon Lee, the concept involves a man who returns from death to get revenge on those who killed him, a movie which spawned a number of sequels. O'Barr wrote the original comic to deal with the death of his girlfriend.

This new version will be directed by Spanish filmmaker F. Javier Guttierez from a script by Cliff Dorfman (Warrior) with production planned to start in the fall depending on various factors. Ed Pressman (Pressman Film), Kevin Misher (Misher Films) are producing with Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh, Jeff Most and others.

The popular British actor pushed for the role over dinner with the producers after doing his own make-up test in London with plans to do full makeup tests before making a final decision.

Previously, Scottish actor James McAvoy was up for the role but Hiddleston is arguably a much bigger star with a huge female fanbase that could bring in a much larger audience for this version of The Crow.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I can't really get behind this, I'm afraid. Brandon Lee is Erik Draven.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

And how the hell do you top the soundtrack with modern bands?
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

You don't. One of the best sound tracks of the period, if not ever.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
          And how the hell do you top the soundtrack with modern bands?
          With Nickelback of course... no?
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Brandon Lee will be forgotten as the Crow as this will be the start of a franchise/series that'll wipe out memories. You'll all watch it.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
              Brandon Lee will be forgotten as the Crow as this will be the start of a franchise/series that'll wipe out memories. You'll all watch it.
              You take that back.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

No. It's not me working this. It's just the way things work I'm afraid. Just like the first gulf war is now another than it used to be.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: The Crow will fly with Welsh actor Luke Evans playing the title role in the F. Javier Gutierrez-directed franchise reboot for Relativity Media. Evans was the original choice, but he has been incredibly busy. He was just cast as the lead in Dracula Year Zero, he is the villain in Fast & Furious 6 […]

‘The Crow’ Flies With Luke Evans

EXCLUSIVE: The Crow will fly with Welsh actor Luke Evans playing the title role in the F. Javier Gutierrez-directed franchise reboot for Relativity Media. Evans was the original choice, but he has been incredibly busy. He was just cast as the lead in Dracula Year Zero, he is the villain in Fast & Furious 6 and is Bard the Bowman in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Evans seemed to be unavailable because of production on Dracula and promotion on The Hobbit. The distributor looked at Tom Hiddleston and more recently Alexander Skarsgard, the latter of whom has a bunch of offers after Warner Bros halted Tarzan. Ultimately, they have decided to push the start date to early next year to accommodate his schedule in order to secure Evans, who is currently promoting the release of Fast 6. So hey junket guys, be sure to ask him about it. They are now in negotiations and I expect the deal to make. He seems an ideal fit for the role originated by Brandon Lee, who died tragically during production on the 1994 Alex Proyas-directed revenge story based on the James O’Barr comic book series. He’s repped by WME and United Agents.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                  X