Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
    That's one bad arse looking Aquaman.
    Yeah. In line with the last decade or so of Aquaman stories he's a badass, and severely ticked off about Zod's World Engine making a mess of the Indian Ocean in MOS.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Trailer

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Better, but still on the fence.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

On the fence? I'll be watching it for sure!! I think it will do extremely well
          This movie will be the beginning of the Justice League!

Comment

Batman v Superman & Suicide Squad casts photo.

Good and evil collided at The Hollywood Reporter's exclusive Comic-Con photo shoot with the directors and stars of Warner Bros.' upcoming DC Comics adaptations.

If the movies are part of a big DC family, Batman v. Superman is the older, more mature sibling on which the weight of responsibility falls. Suicide Squad is the bratty little kid, chewing bubble gum and tagging walls.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Final trailer

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Answer me this, how does the thought of two of the planets favourite superhero characters fighting each other make you feel in your gut?

For me, it's not pleasant.

Either one is a villain, or there's a really cheesy ending when its 'oh look, he was a good guy after all'.

I may have to give this one a miss.
                FT.

Comment

They did initially fight but then join together to form the Justice League
                  I predict that the movie will only have Batman fighting Superman for 1/3 of the movie while the remaining will be story line/character build up and them fighting Doom.

Comment

That's my favourite Batman vs Superman story
                    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Batman and and Superman are almost always at each other's throat in the comics, and often in other media. They work together, but often do not like each other.

The movie seems to take that to a new level, where they actual battle (something bigger than a fight). They fought in The Dark Knight Returns, see Belwarrior's post, and parts of this movie seem to be loosely based on that. As least for the Batman vs. Superman part.

Does there have to be a villain? I say, no. Often times we focus on the good guy and the bad guy. The real world is rarely so cut and dry. As long as Snyder doesn't gloss over the character arcs it could be an excellent opportunity to showcase why both are wrong and both are right, and how they can reconcile their differences to work together for the greater good.

Granted, this is a Snyder film... so I wouldn't hold my breath. Lately he's been a step up from Michael Bay. Lots of boom with little substance.

This trailer is the first one that makes me actually want to see the movie. Here's hoping it doesn't suck.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Doomsday is in, and at the least a setup for Darkseid.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

So I actually went to see this last night, mainly through wanting to go out and there not being any other suitable choices.

Well it wasn't what I expected. Certainly 30 minutes too long. It had its good moments and its bad moments.

Not a complete waste of an evening
                          FT.

Comment

The 'R' rated BR release will be 30 minutes longer - the theatrical shortened for time & content.

BvS was also more of an intro for Justice League Part 1 (Darkseid is the big bad for the JL films), Wonder Woman, Aquaman and The Flash. Cyborg gets his film later.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                            X