• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC TV series renewals/cancels

Cancelled: Cristela, Forever, Resurrection, The Taste

On the bubble: Last Man Standing

Renewed

Dramas: Castle, Greys Anatomy, How To Get Away With Murder, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nashville, Once Upon A Time, Scandal, American Crime, Secrets and Lies, and Agent Carter.

Comedies: Black-ish, Fresh Off The Boat, The Goldbergs, The Middle, Modern Family, and Galavant.

Unscripted: The Bachelor, Dancing With the Stars, Americas Funniest Home Videos, Shark Tank, Beyond the Tank, and 20/20.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Quite liked Forever.
    paulw

Comment

Inbelievable they renew series like Once Upon a Time and Scandal. Yes, I admit, I have watched those. Got a wife and two daughters.....

Anyway, esp. Scandal is so damned ****ing bad. It can only have a camp following I think. The plots, overarching storyline, characters, it is all bad. Has gotten way worse then initially. Granted, some characters do die but it would help if they increased the mortality rate somewhat. Once Upon a Time depicts people who are stupid. Really. They do not think at all. Other series I have seen some of and dislike are Castle and Greys Anatomy. Does ABC kinda suck or something?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Scandal and Grey's Anatomy are ABC's #3 and #4 rated shows. That said I agree, they're lousy, but they aren't made for us. They're soapy, insipid chick-flicks and the femmes eat 'em up.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 May 2015, 10:27.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

But even in their genre, they've become far worse than season 4 of prison break relatively speaking. Anyway, who cares.

Did foreever at least have some sort of ending? I typically prefer watching series once they're finished.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Though on ABC the show belongs to WB, and they've been willing to move cancelled shows to alternative venues like CW and streaming services like Netflix (example: Longmire.)
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

My wife is pissed that Forever got canceled. It's New Amsterdam all over again!
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
              X