RIP to a Friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP to a Friend.

A good friend of mine, who moved away a few of years ago down to the south of France, died on Tuesday morning from Scirrocis of the liver.

He was a Whisky drinker, it was always his preferred drink, for the 20-odd years I knew him.

He was 43.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

The good ones often go young.

Comment

Been there, done that. My late friend's beverage of choice was vodka.

Comment

43... Sry for your loss.

My 2nd daughters' girlfriend, 16 yo, lost her 47 yo father last monday. What's up with these 40-50 yo nowadays, I mean, I am close to 46 and it is getting a bit freakish.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Sorry to hear you lost a friend.

As with all drugs, it all depends on the dosing and if he drank whisky for 20 years on a regular basis, it's not really surprising, his liver got destroyed.
          Makes you wonder, why he didn't stop or at least reduced his consumption in time ...
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
          X