Iron Fist (Netflix, Marvel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Fist (Netflix, Marvel)

First came DareDevil S1 & S2, then came AKA Jessica Jones S1 and soon S2. Now filming is Luke Cage, and after that comes Iron Fist. Together they become The Defenders, and there's a good chance of a Punisher series. Punisher was introduced in DareDevil S2, and it's a great version of the character.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/25904/finn...#ixzz44ctwboHT

Finn Jones to Star in the Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's Iron Fist'

The 'Game of Thrones' veteran to become Danny Rand in the new 13-episode series for Netflix!

Marvel and Netflix are pleased to announce that Finn Jones (Game of Thrones) will star in Marvels Iron Fist, the newest series coming soon only to Netflix.

Jones will play Daniel Rand, who returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

Who is Danny Rand?

Danny Rand is a very complicated character. Hes a billionaire New York Buddhist monk martial arts superhero whos still trying to figure out what exactly that all means, said Executive Producer and showrunner, Scott Buck. Finn is able to play all these levels in such an honest, revelatory way that as soon as I saw him I knew he was our Danny.

Finn wonderfully blends confidence with vulnerability, making him the perfect choice as he struggles to find his place in the world, said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel TV, Jeph Loeb. Now that weve found our Danny Rand, weve completed our principal cast for the upcoming Defenders on Netflix and we are thrilled to continue to show audiences unexplored corners of the Marvel Universe.

Finn will next be seen in the upcoming season of HBOs Game of Thrones, where he reprises his role of Ser Loras Tyrell. He is also known for his work on the British series Hollyoaks and Hollyoaks Later.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/36...k-colleen-wing

[quote]http://www.comingsoon.net/assets/upl...4/ironfist.jpg

Jessica Henwick will play Marvel's Colleen Wing

Game of Thrones star Jessica Henwick will play Colleen Wing on Marvels Iron Fist

Marvel and Netflix have locked a key Iron Fist role with the addition of Jessica Henwick. The Game of Thrones actress will play Marvels Colleen Wing, joining a cast set to be headlined by Finn Jones, with whom she co0stars on the HBO fantasy drama. Below, you can also check out a teaser image that Marvel posted on the shows official Twitter account.
    >
    Colleen Wing made her first comic book appearance in 1974s Marvel Premiere #19. Raised in Japan by her grandfather, Colleen Wing trained as a samurai. As an adult, Wing moved to New York City where her father, Professor Lee Wing, worked at Columbia University. When his Oriental studies led to the professor being targeted by the deadly Cult of Kara Kai, both Wings crossed paths with Iron Fist for the first time. It was soon thereafter that Colleen Wings life was saved by Misty Knight. Becoming best friends, the pair formed a private detective agency, Knightwing Restorations, Ltd. Thanks to a moniker from Rand, however, Knight and Wing soon became better known as the Daughters of the Dragon.

Im very excited to have Jessica as our Colleen Wing, says Executive Producer and Showrunner, Scott Buck. Shes shown us that she can bring both a sense of quiet strength as well as an engaging vulnerability to the character.

Jessica brings both a youthful vitality mixed with a strong sense of authority crucial to the character, adds Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. And as anyone whos seen her in Game of Thrones can attest, she can throw down with the best of them, making her the perfect Colleen Wing.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Not very familiar with Iron Fist. I'm sure I'll give the series a try since the Netflix Marvel series have been so excellent thus far.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

As it implies, Iron Fist is one of Marvel's street level heroes rather than one of the tent poles, but like Jessica Jones he's very complicated and even conflicted. If well written it could be very good. Given how well these Defenders characters have been handled so far, I'm encouraged.

I'm really looking forward to a Punisher series, which is being strongly hinted. His rooftop "discussion" with DareDevil in DD2 about how to handle miscreants and why was IMO absolutely classic
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 April 2016, 00:54.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Cool!!
        Do you think at one point they will bring them all together (Iron Fist, JJ, Power Man and perhaps even Spiderman) as a team along side Shield and the Avengers?

Comment

Spider-Man joins the Marvel cinematic universe in Captain America: Civil War, played by Tom Holland.

Sony and Disney have reached a cross-licensing deal allowing Avengers to be in Spider-Man etc. films and vice versa. There are also rumors of negotiations with Fox to do the same with X-Men etc.

The Netflix characters exist in the Marvel cinematic universe, there have been many references to it, so never say never. Captain America: The Winter Soldier already had Punisher in a pre-Daredevil 2 cameo - he was driving the yellow Penske truck during the big street fight. He rammed the Hydra agents in cop cars.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X