NYc: truck terror attack on bike path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYc: truck terror attack on bike path

West Side Highway bicycle path, near Stuyvesant High School. Home Depot sign on a rental truck.

Deliberate act

Driver shot twice by cops after shouting "allahu akbar," displaying a fake gun. Arrested, survived so far.

FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force involved.

6 dead, 15 injured so far.

Cops: "Act of terror"
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

NYPD briefing

"Cowardly act of terror"

8 dead, 12+ injured

"New Yorkers do not give in"

3:05 entered path, hit people, hit bus, got out of truck, yelled, displayed pellet & paint ball gun and was shot in abdomen by cops. we
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Perp: 29 y/o Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov from Tampa, Florida. Some reports he's from Uzbekistan.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Footage of the attacker.
        The truck driver ploughed into cyclists before hitting a school bus and shooting with an imitation gun.

Comment

Surprise, surprise....

The 29-year-old man detained after a flatbed truck zoomed down a popular lower Manhattan bike path, killing at least 8 people and injuring nearly a dozen, left a note in the vehicle claiming he committed the attack for ISIS, according to law enforcement sources.

The 29-year-old man detained after a flatbed truck drove down a popular lower Manhattan bike path, killing at least 8 people and injuring more than a dozen more, left a note in the truck claiming he committed the attack for ISIS, according to law enforcement sources.
          >
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Truck of peace...

Comment

Let me shed some light on Central Asia as I've been there and I have friends there.
              The area is home to mostly Turkic people (Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Turkmens, Kyrgiz) and others (Tajiks, Uighurs, Mongols, various Afghans). The Islam came here late and since they were on the fringe, especially Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan they had sufi Islam and women rode horses and fought. The pagan religion of Tengrism, which predated Islam survived for a long time. Also when silk road was important the area was wealthy and enjoyed high culture, especially cities of Samarkand and Bukhara.

Turkic people are some of the most hospitable and friendly in the world. Then Russian empire gradually put the region under it's influence until they collided with British Empire in Afghanistan. During those times like UK sent baddies to Australia, so did Russians sent their baddies to Siberia, Central Asia and Far East. Still the area was not that controlled - there were forts, towns and settlements but natives kept their own ways. Then after October revolution and especially during Stalin age Islam was severely repressed. While the natives sided with Bolsheviks as they promised them more autonomy, during Stalinism there was forced collectivization and when people slaughtered their herds rather than give them into collective farms many people starved. Also many unreliable nations of Soviet union such as Germans, Koreans, Chechens, Poles were transferred there. Since Lenin wanted to make Soviet Union more internationalist, he gave a lot of territories of former Russian Empire to Republics, so as to counterbalance Russian Federation. This was one of few good things. The Soviets also built schools and emancipated women. There were few mosques and people there told me they used to pray in steppe or forests during Soviet times.

After Soviet union broke up republics became independant. Oil rich Kazakhstan has relatively high GDP and is comparable to Eastern Europe. Their president who has been in power since the breakup of Soviet union modernized country and invested in education. While mosques are being built (they only had 3 during Soviet times in country the size of Europe) he also banned beards and full body burqas. Any terrorist attempts by radicals are dealt with mercilessly (shoot to kill.) Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan (indo europan) are similar in terms of not getting radicalized but are poor. These countries gravitate to Russia (the other alternative is China which they are all afraid of). Russian is spoken there and they are not very nationalist. Uzbekistan had a very authoritarian leader and is south closer to middle east. The further south you go there, the more conservative and backwards people are. In Soviet times it was farming cotton which created massive ecological problems. After breakup it distanced itself and became more Turkey, Islamic, USA influenced (USA pulled out their base). So quite a lot people there became more islamic. Also quite a lot of ISIS fighters in Syria originate from radicalized Central Asians. Since people there are poorer and more conservative they are more likely to be influenced by Radical Wahabbi Islam (like in Saudi Arabia), which is not native to the region and is only a thing of past couple of decades.

Turkey has ambitions to create pan-Turanic union and is actively sponsoring schools and mosques from Bosnia to Central Asia. Uzbekistan has switched from cyrillic to latin and Kazakhstan is considering it. Saudis and Quataris are exporting their radical version of Islam to the region and number of women who wear veils (a lot lower than in London) is on the rise.
              Last edited by UtwigMU; 31 October 2017, 19:59.

Comment

Working...
              X